Canada (Edmonton), October 20, 2005 Review

artist: anthrax date: 03/03/2006 category: live concerts
anthrax: Canada (Edmonton), October 20, 2005
The sound was really good, all the guitars and drums were mixed really well. They were opening for Judas Priest so they only played a few songs.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.3
 6.6
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Edmonton), October 20, 2005 Reviewed by: LedZep420, on march 03, 2006

Sound: The sound was really good, all the guitars and drums were mixed really well. Joey can still sing as good as he ever could and his voice sounds the same as back in the day. Scott and Dan were using some really cool PRS guitars. // 9

Perfomance: Here's the setlist: 01. Among The Living 02. Got The Time 03. Caught In A Mosh 04. Efilnikufesin (NFL) 05. Indians 06. Madhouse 07. I'm The Man 08. Antisocial 09. I Am The Law They were opening for Judas Priest so they only played a few songs. I saw them only a month before this opening for Megadeth on the Gigantour, they played all these songs plus other great ones like "Metal Thrashing Mad." Scott Ian walked on stage to the "Blues Brothers theme" both times and plays the opening riff to "Among The Living." Even though at the Judas Priest concert there was chairs on the floor (so there could be no mosh pit or anything) they still gave it their all. I don't think many of the Priest fans there had even heard of Anthrax, but I loved every second. We left our assigned seats and went and stood really close to the stage for Anthrax. At one point during "Madhouse," Frank Bello, the bass player, came and pointed right at me as I was singing along the course. That made my day! // 10

Overall Impression: The show was on October 20, at Rexall Place in Edmonton. I loved every bit of the Anthrax show both times I seen them. They put so much energy into their shows when all the other old metal guys just kinda stand there and play. If I ever had another chance to see them, I'd go in a second! // 9

Comments