UK (Oxford), January 10, 2007 Review

as i lay dying: UK (Oxford), January 10, 2007
 Perfomance: 10
 4.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Oxford), January 10, 2007 Reviewed by: TheDarkestNights, on february 12, 2007

Sound: Tim Lambesis' vocals are reproduced exactly as they are on the record, so seeing As I Lay Dying wasn't like any other concert, where the vocals are unbelievable weak. The guitarists used a Gibson Flying V (New Century Finish) and a Gibson Les Paul (Black Beauty I think), and the playing was accurate. The sound quality was pretty good, but I was standing right under a speaker, so to me it all sounded a bit like one sound, although some guitar riffs stood out, as did the vocals at some times. The sound is better than a lot of other concerts I've been to, and it made the evening more memorable. // 8

Perfomance: The audience loved As I Lay Dying from the very first song. They were exactly as a live band should be. They talked to the crowd, they didn't just stick to the new songs and they played old classics, and it was very enjoyable to be there. The playlist was: 01. Empty Hearts - pretty good overall, even though the guitars were a bit weak on this song. 02. 94 Hours - flawless. Just brilliant. Just like the CD version but louder. Behind Me Lies Another Broken Soldier - Pretty good, although the intro was rather lost amid screams. 03. Through Struggle - insane, got the biggest circle pit of the night. 04. Forever - off the re-released first album, Forever didn't dissapoint. 05. The Darkest Nights - played accurately by guitarists, good vocals and really got the crowd going. Oxford's Zodiac is rather small, and so when people started jumping on the stage it was rather wierd. // 10

Overall Impression: United Kingdom, Oxford, Zodiac, 10th January 2007. The night opened with Gallows, who frankly sucked. But aside from that, I loved the way Lambesis can scream just as it is on the album (probably all those Christian values). The ticket was a measly 8, and was definately worth it. The most unforgettable moment (for me) was when my friend's cigarette caused his hair to smoke. But that aside, I will definately pick up a ticket to see AILD next time around, as they put on a great show and can really entertain. // 9

More As I Lay Dying reviews rating latest review