Canada (Montreal), October 30, 2006 Review

Perfomance: 9
 4.2
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
Canada (Montreal), October 30, 2006 Reviewed by: Crazzy_Jess, on january 10, 2008

Sound: To start off, visually, they we're amazing, light and all in such a small venue. Audio, not so much. It almost sounded as if he (the singer) was trying to out-do the face melting guitar solo's with his screaming (which is something no one should ever attempt). There were two guitars, lead and rhythm. A bassist, a drummer and of course a singer. They hit they're song right on, though the backup singers sounded a tadd off. // 7

Perfomance: The entire crowd was in a mad Rush of excitement. The entire band definately pulled their weight with gettign the crowd pumped and enthused. I found myself almost on the edge of going insane when we had to wait for a short intermission. I don't remember many songs, seeing as this was their album tour. But they did end up playing a few reconisible songs, such as; Ex's and Oh's, amazing song, dead on, and the lead guitarist even played the tapping/sweeping parts behind his head. Beats me how he did it. Bleeding Mascara; Yet another jaw dropping moment. They're visiuals went perfectly with pauses in the song and the come backs afterwards. I find it very freaking awesome that the lead singer took it upon himself to tell everyone, that in the mosh pit, to pick people up (its common curtisy). At the very beginning of their set, they started playing "Shot To The Heart" by Bon Jovi, and all thee string players took the ends of their guitars and pretend to shoot them as if they were guns. I found that very amusing and it was all in good fun. // 9

Overall Impression: The concert happened on October 30th, 2006 at Venue Metropolis, Montreal, Canada. Opening gigs were Chiodos and Everytime I Die. From First To Last was set to play but they apparently got kicked off the tour due to medical issues with their lead singer. Tickets were 31.00 (CN), and most definately worth all the money spent. I have been to their more recent gigs, and they were equally shocking. Most unforgettible moment was the looks on the faces of the bands as the partially nude women in the crowd went soaring by into the pit (naked pit women) and the stares the waitresses got. I loved the fact that every single band that played got the crowd excited. That's the best kind of show a musician can ask for. The only bad thing about this particular show, was it seems to me they over-sold tickets ont he floor. It is such a small venue, and there were hundreds of people over the capacity. We overflowed into the bar a little bit, though none of us cared very much. Very good show. A+ to Atreyu. // 9

More Atreyu reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Atlanta), March 24, 2008 9.7 03/28/2008