Cuba (Havana), May 6, 2005 Review

artist: audioslave date: 02/24/2006 category: live concerts
audioslave: Cuba (Havana), May 6, 2005
Very good songs, a good tracklisting, but still very bad quality. The audience really made the concert better, you know, with all their screaming and stuff.
 Perfomance: 7.5
 8.4
 9.8
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this concert:
Cuba (Havana), May 6, 2005 Reviewed by: PunkDisaster, on november 18, 2005

Sound: First of all, let me say it's a great band. Love their songs. This DVD was a disappointment, though. The quality was really bad and the singer skills wasn't excatly perfect. Actually, I would rather say they were horrible. But when all comes to all, the drummer was great, the guitarist was great and their songs are good, but I prefer the songs on the CD. The cool thing about it is, that they were the first American rock band to perform in Cuba, the concert were free to go to, and there were over 60.000 people at present. // 4

Perfomance: The audience really made the concert better, you know, with all their screaming and stuff. Actually, a fan gave a letter to the singer and the guitarist (I think) read it to the audience. It was a Cuba letter and nobody understood it, but the Cuban people. I suppose it was something cool about Audioslave. The songs (it shall be said, that the cameras follow audioslave from when they arrive to Cubas airport, to when they'e back home): 01. Set It Off 02. Your Time Has Come 03. Like A Stone 04. Spoonman 05. The Worm 06. Gasoline 07. Heaven's Dead 08. Doesn't Remind Me 09. Be Yourself (the best song) 10. Bulls On Parade 11. Sleep Now In The Fire 12. Out Of Exile 13. Outshined 14. Shadow On The Sun 15. Black Hole Sun 16. I Am The Highway 17. Show Me How To Live 18. Cochise Very good songs, a good tracklisting, but still very bad quality. I was especially disappointed when they played Be Yourself, 'cause the vocalling was very bad. And it's my fav. song. Nothing special happened during the concert, expect for the letter thing. // 5

Overall Impression: I am really unimpressed, I thought that they could do better things at stage and they were all just standin' still. No jumping or running, even no walking. The concert was in May 2005, but the DVD is avaible now at the moment and nobody reviewed it, so I guess I had to. My overall impression - no, this thing won't work. A bad thing from Audioslaves side. Sorry, the rest of the Audioslave fans, but that's it. // 4

Cuba (Havana), May 6, 2005 Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on february 24, 2006

Sound: Chris Cornell delivered his best live vocal performance, I think in this concert. Generally I much prefer his voice edited, but this time he got everything right. The drums were at their usual preciseness and Morello's guitar was uncontrolable. I mean he did all his general experiments on the frets, but for songs like doesn't remind me he went on and delivered an awe inspiring solo. This performance had a good sound to it, especially the drums. // 9

Perfomance: I loved every bit of the performance and so did the crowd. I mean it was almost like a festival out there. Cubans are really warm people, the crowd had a blast. With some headbanging and some jumping up and down, there was not a single dull moment in the entire performance. Tom Morello's solos rocked the crowd, and made the crowd scream out loud everytime he walked up to play another swashbuckling, mind blowing solo. Just imagine 60,000 people screaming and shouting all at one time which would have a hypnotizing effect on you and almost involutarily make you scream along with them. 01. Set It Off - this actually set it off! 02. Your Time Has Come - this was perhaps the best out of 'em all and set the tone for the rest of the tracks to follow. 03. Like A Stone - Chris, trying his general experiments wich made the song different from usual. And then came the solo! 04. Spoonman - Morello did it, god damn it he f--king drove the crowd insane. 05. The Worm - perhaps the only ordinary song. 06. Gasoline - decent performance, nothing great. 07. Heaven's Dead - calmed the crowd down. 08. Doesn't Remind Me - this was absolutely, positively the song during which I could not stop myself from screaming 'Audioslave Rulz'! 09. Be Yourself - some vocal problems for chris, yet pulled it together during the bridge. 10. Bulls On Parade - another good performance. 11. Sleep Now In The Fire - This was another excellent performance. 12. Out Of Exile - Great drums, leading to alot of headbanging. 13. Outshined - didn't seem to outshine the next 2 songs. 14. Shadow On The Sun - oh hell yeah! 15. Black Hole Sun - the way Morello and Chris executed it, it was simply spectacular. 16. I Am The Highway - good, decent, amazing vocals. 17. Show Me How To Live - Audioslave written all over it. 18. Cochise - this steller performance ended the show. This performence made the crowd go beserk. // 10

Overall Impression: Audioslave, from start to end performed with the same intesity. If one asks why they did not run around the stage, the answer is simple that is what Audioslave is stand and deliver, the effects though that reached the crowd were jump and scream 'till your throat gets soar. I think the best part of the show was the performance of Spoonman, Your Time Has Come and Doesn't Remind Me. Well, the entrance was free, courtesy Cuba and Audioslave. Well, I'm Gonna go for any of their next gigs, if I have the chance to. If it's in Cuba then whichever place in the world you are believe me go for it. // 10

More Audioslave reviews rating latest review
+ Canada (Toronto), October 7, 2005 9.6 10/10/2005