Canada (Toronto), August 25, 2010 Review

artist: avenged sevenfold date: 01/11/2011 category: live concerts
avenged sevenfold: Canada (Toronto), August 25, 2010
Halestorm was first, Stonesour second, Avenged Sevenfold third, and Disturbed last.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Toronto), August 25, 2010 Reviewed by: s12k17, on january 11, 2011

Sound: A7X, wow. I've always been a fan but never really went to concerts much. When my friend told me he had tickets, I went and holy crap. The sound blew my mind away. M.Shadows changing it up now and then (like in Nightmare, with the line hit the wall, watch then crawl). It was amazing. The distinct sound of Synyster gates lead and zackys rythym was a bright spot for me. Neither overpowered each other. I'm not a big bass fan but it would have been nice to hear Jonnys bass a bit. The sound was loud and clear, couldn't have asked for better. // 9

Perfomance: Everyone enjoyed them. The crowd went nuts from the time you heard the intro to nightmare until they said goodnight toronto! They had a great lineup of songs: 01. Nightmare- Wow. I've waited to hear that song live since it was released. The stage setup was great. They had the creepy house in the backround with the A7X gates in front that shot fire out. The dark blue/purple lighting was amazing, the stage was set for a great opening song. Oh ya, and the guy hanging himself from the balcony was pretty cool. M.shadows let the crowd scream ITS YOUR f--kING NIGHTMARE the first time around and it really got the crowd goin. An absolutely perfect start. Zackys vocals were a bit off, but hey it was great. /10 02. Critical Acclaim- they jumped straight into this song after nightmare. the white piano was pretty cool. Nice to see they left the Rev's vocal parts the way they were. That part may not have been live, but it was the right thing to do. The guitar harmonies in the solo really stood out for me. The fire was shooting and I could feel it from my seat. /10 03. Welcome to the Family- M.shadows took some time to talk to the crowd. He explained how his earpiece didnt work right. Then he asked who was at their first sevenfold concert. Once alot of people sreamed when he asked he said " then welcome to the f--king family" and the song begun. This is where Portnoys drumming stood out for me, other than that, it had the same stage setup as nightmare and critical acclaim. /9 04. Buried Alive- Pretty cool. It was darker for this song but they really had the fire going after the solo. This i thought was one of the best vocal songs for M.shadows. It really stood out. Nothing too special about this song but great never the less. /8 05. Beast and the Harlot- Shadows asked if we wanted something from City of Evil, so of course, we said yes, and it was beast and the harlot. This is where Syn really shone as an elite guitarist. He song was played to perfection. Its a personal fav, so its getting a 10 /10 06. So Far Away- This is where the mood changed a bit. The picture everybody knows of the rev hugging the band with his SULLIVAN tatoo showing. M.Shad talked about how they missed him. He said that was a picture of when they opened for metallica in norway and how that was the revs happiest moment. He told us to take out our cell phones, ipods, lighters etc.. and that this ones for him. Not only that but Syn used the guitar with red stripes instead of white. Extremely heartfelt solo and song. You could feel the vocals of M.shadows and the back up vocals of syn and zacky near the end. It must have been tough to sing that song. /10 07. Afterlife- They jumped straight into this. Kinda staying in the whole rev thing i guess. His vocal part before the solo was again not tampered with. Pretty much no changes in the song and same back drop as so far away but syn brought out the other guitar./9 08. God Hates Us- Shadows explained how they had enough time for 3 more songs. they played this. You could tell it was tough for him to scream like that but he did it. Nothing too special. Probably my least favorite up still good. /7.5 09. Unholy confessions- I love this song. played perfectly. /9 10. Almost Easy- I was getting worried they wouldn't play my favorite song. Once shadow said repeat after me I was like YES! I'm not insane! I'm not insane! I'm not f--king insane! Que the song. Syn and zakys vocals were flawless. M.shadows ending with that guitar riff he sings (cant really type it) was pretty awsome too. Great song selections but a couple I wish were in there like bat country, chapter 4, scream. // 10

Overall Impression: Canada, Toronto, moulson ampitheatre, august 25. Halestorm was first, stonesour second, avenged sevenfold third, and disturbed last. I loved them play i was in awe fromt the moment they stepped on stage until they left. They really connected with the crowd. It poured rain harder than I've ever seen for about 45min before we got in and my jeans weighed about 200lbs but it didn't matter. Best time of my life. The tickets were only $35CDN and it was worth every penny. Heck, i'd have payed 200 bucks. The best part of the show was screaming ITS YOUR f--kING NIGHTMARE with 20 000 other people. Also the free rockstar and jagger was nice too. I REALLY hope they come back because i'll be there. best time of my life bar none. // 10

More Avenged Sevenfold reviews rating latest review