UK (Glasgow), May 25, 2005
Hodgie2020, on july 06, 2005 2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Sound: The band were on top form, the only thing that let them down was the wuality of the sound in the arches, which I have to say was fairly poor. The band used all their usual gear both guitarists using their signature schecter guitars. The vocals were from what I could hear amazing, the only thing was that they were far to far back in the mix and the kick drum was far to far forward. Apart from that though the vocals were top notch. The guitars and the instrument side of the songs sounded amazin, the only thing tyhat was the let down was the mixing at the venue. // 8
Perfomance: Live the band were amazing, they put on a great show and worked the crowd well, the place was going crazy. Set list:
01. Chapter Four - great opener set the tempo and got everyone going.
02. Trashed And Scattered - one of the known songs from City Of Evil, played to perfection.
03. Beast And The Harlot - again a known song from COE, and again played to perfection.
04. Eternal Rest - sounded a bit weird without the screaming, but still one of my favourites, went down well wthi the crowd.
05. Bat Country - my favourite from COE little known but the crowd definetly liked what they heard.
06. The Wicked End - definetly a middle of set song, not bad, but not as good as some.
07. Burn It Down - got the crowd going again for the finale, great song, performed well.
08. I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 - slowed down the tempo but still kept the crowd going, perfomed very well.
09. Unholy Confessions - the perfect end, and it oculd only be one song, performed very well, evryones favourite, crowd went nuts.
Overall the stage was fairly plain with two large Deathbats on each side, lighting etc was just eaverage nothing spectacular. // 10
Overall Impression: The Arches, Glasgow, Scotland 25th May. Fastlane and Mendeed supported, Mendeed definetly a better support for Avenged Sevenfold than Fastlane although Fastlane were pretty tight and good at what they done, they weren't to the taste of the A7X fans. The ticket cost me 12.50 and was worth every penny, Avenged sweayed their bollocks off on stage to give the best performace possible and that was what they delivered. I will definetly go and see them again. // 10