USA (Cave City), March 11, 2007 Review

artist: black stone cherry date: 04/02/2007 category: live concerts
black stone cherry: USA (Cave City), March 11, 2007
Their musicianship is unbelievable and original. They sounded really great.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Cave City), March 11, 2007 Reviewed by: FBA Ac1d, on april 02, 2007

Sound: Black Stone Cherry knows how to put on a show. They are neighbors to my hometown and they recently put on a show. You can tell they have deep love for their fans when they are performing. Their musicianship is unbelievable and original. They sounded really great and I don't see how lead singer Chris Robertson sings like he does night after long night. He's really good and has had to have some intensive vocal training. One song he's a baritone, the next he belted through the roof as a tenor. Now for the instruments, I will proudly say that John Fred Young, the drummer, is one of if not the best drummer I have ever heard in southern hard rock. I know that's probaly a very newbish comment but he just amazes me. Not only does he drum insanely 24/7 but he puts on a show behind that Ludwig. You gotta see it to know what I'm talking about. Brilliant band, awesome sound. // 10

Perfomance: They played just 15 mintues outside of there hometown so you know the crowd was going freakin nuts. Both nights of 800 tickets were sold out within days. It sucked though 'cause we weren't aloud to mosh but the crowd was still jumping and just going crazy. It was fun. they played a lot of songs in their almost 2 hour set. Starting off with the best intro song ever in my opinion "Here Comes The Rain!" They also played some cover songs as well. They played, "Rock N'roll Hoochie Coo" I guess that's how you spell it. And when they were encored they played the famous Led song, "Immigrant Song". All songs were awesome and very energetic. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said they are from the town that is only 15 minutes away from mine. And they played the show in a small city in between. It was on March 11th in Cave City, Kentucky. The guys opening were really good. A young local band called, "8th Nation", had the previledge of landing a spot and they played very well. Mostly covers and a few originals. The next band is a wide known local band named, "Sixth Floor". They have opened for Disturbed and tons of other big bands. They are awesome and one of my favorite bands. The tickets were only 10 bucks a pop and it was well worth it. BSC rocks and I can't wait to see them again! // 10

Comments