Australia (Newcastle), September 2, 2004 Review

Perfomance: 8
 9.2
 8.4
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Newcastle), September 2, 2004 Reviewed by: pete_mack, on september 03, 2004

Sound: As you know, as concerts go on, they'll turn the sound up. So first band will be reasonable, second will be louder and so on. Blink seemed to be too loud. Some songs I couldn't work out what it was till they started singing. I've seen other bands at this venue and some bands have had the same problem, but very few. It was a let down that one of those bands had to be Blink. // 6

Perfomance: Everyone had the same idea - they just didn't want to be there. They rushed through their songs at a ridiculous pace - some songs Tom wasn't playing the riff right because he couldn't play it as fast as they were going and Travis rarely played little fills because you guessed it, they were playing too fast. Travis is an awesome drummer but no one could play that fast. Aside from that, the usual 70/30 talk to song ratio we've come to expect from Blink didn't happen. Usually they'll play a 2 minute song and talk for 3 mins. Didn't happen. They said "hi I'm Mark" and "we're Blink from San Diego" and that was it. They wanted out and fast. Onto the positives, they played music flat out. One song after the other. They even played a medley at one stage consisting of Dumpweed, M&M's, Josie, All The Small Things, Man Overboard then back in Dumpweed. Opened with I'm Feeling This and closed with oncore or Reckless Abandon and of course Dammit. // 6

Overall Impression: Thursday night on September 2nd at Newcastle Entertainment Centre. Tickets $63. Openers of Gyroscope and Sparta. Overall the concert wasn't too bad. They didn't put on too much of a show but what songs they played in normal time, they played well. The only real highlight was Mark was constantly throwing his picks up and trying to catch them without looking. He did it once - it bounced off the mic and he got it. Not many saw it but it was cool. The fact that that was a highlight is pretty lame, yet I'd still go see them again. // 8

Australia (Newcastle), September 2, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 07, 2004

Sound: I think that Blink ripped it up in Newcastle! They were awesome. They could have spoken a little more but hey I didn't care I was in front of the guys that I had loved for soo long! The songs were played a little fast but Who cares. I loved feeling the music pump right through me (literally) because it was so loud! // 10

Perfomance: I enjoyed this concert more then anything in the whole world. I had been waiting since March to see them and I was soo diassappointed when they had to cancel, and I lined up since 11am that morning but it was worth the wait and I would do it again! They guys were so funny. They bagged us out but it was funny. I loved when he told the seated people that they looked like his grand mother taking a s--t! it was great. // 10

Overall Impression: Newcastle entertainment centre, 2/9/04. Gyroscope were awesome I didn't like Sparta. I loved that they played old songs as well as new ones. I hated they didn't sing Always and Lost Without You and that it had to end! I will deffinatly go to see them next time they are in Australia. They were so awesome! Deffinatly a 9/10! Two very enthusiastic thumbs up! // 10

More Blink 182 reviews rating latest review