UK (Wembley), December 6, 2004 Review

artist: blink 182 date: 12/12/2005 category: live concerts
blink 182: UK (Wembley), December 6, 2004
When they actually came on it was amazing, the backdrop decoration was really good, the huge smiley face in the back with loads of screens and pink gaffa tape everywhere.
 Perfomance: 9.5
 9.5
 9.8
 9.1
reviews (4) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Wembley), December 6, 2004 Reviewed by: matt666, on december 09, 2004

Sound: The sound was very loud. The instruments and vocals were perfectly clear. Through most of the show Tom used his Gibson siganture model and also a White Fender Jaguar (I think). Mark used his Pink Fender Signature bass and a White Fender Prescision or a white version of his signature model I couldn't tell from the distance and Travis used his usual see through OCDP kit. // 10

Perfomance: The audience seemed to be really into the performance I enjoyed it alot. The scene decoration was cool and during I miss you 3 chandeliers came down which was cool. The set list was something like this I believe: 01. Feeling This 02. Easy Target 03. Whats My Age Again 04. Happy Holidays You Bastard 05. Violence 06. The Rock Show 07. Obvious 08. I Miss You 09. Asthenia 10. Dysentery Gary 11. All Of This (feat. Robert Smith) 12. First Date 13. Go 14. Stay Together For The Kids 15. Dumpweed Part 1 16. M&M'S 17. Josie 18. Man Overboard 19. Dumpweed Part 2 20. Reckless Abandon 21. All The Small Things 22. Down 23. The Fallen Interlude 24. Travis Insane Drum solo Encore: 25. Interlude 26. Stockholm Syndrome 27. Boys Don't Cry 28. Dammit 2nd encore: 29. Mutt 30. Mark Guitar solo 31. Mark Keyboard solo 32. Mark Harmonica Solo I couldn't believe it when Robert Smith from the Cure came on so cool. Travis's drum solo was incredible he came up from the mixing desk in the standing area, his kit rotated and lit up aswell and Marks solos were hilarious my favourite was the keyboard solo. // 10

Overall Impression: The gig was on Dember 6th 2004 at Wemblet Arena in London. Tickets cost 24 (inc. booking fee) well worth the money. The Kinison opened the show they were pretty crap their vocalist was really sh--t Sugarcult came on second they were great I hadn't heard that much about them until the show and I have to say I was very impressed with them. If Blink are in London next year I will almost certainly be going. // 10

UK (Wembley), December 6, 2004 Reviewed by: funeralforluke, on december 08, 2004

Sound: Overall the sound was really good, very clear and loud. At cerain points Mark and Tom's voices would fade slightly but overall their singing was excellent and sounded just like the cd. The guitar bass and drums all combined together perfectly with nothing over powering the other instuments. // 10

Perfomance: The audience was a bit of a let down really, they just seemed a bit sparse and not really into Blink as much as you would expect. Everyone was paying more attention to watching Blink than listening to them. When they actually came on it was amazing, the backdrop decoration was really good, the huge smiley face in the back with loads of screens and Pink gaffa tape everywhere. I'm pretty sure this was the set: 01. Feeling This 02. Easy Target 03. Whats My Age Again 04. Happy Holidays, You Bastard 05. Violence 06. Obvious 07. The Rock Show 08. Asthenia 09. First Date 10. Go 11. Stay Together For The Kids 12. I Miss You 13. All Of This (special guest Robert Smith) 14. Dysentery Gary 15. Reckless Abandon Medley (Dumpweed, M&M's, Josie and Man Overboard) 16. Down 17. (cover) Boys Dont Cry (feat. Robert Smith) 18. All The Small Things Travis' drum solo (encore) 19. Stockholm Syndrome 20. Dammit 21. Mutt Mark's solos The set was amazing and each song sounded better than it did on the albums. Travis' drum solo was brilliant, he actually came up from the center of the arena on risers and played for about 10 minutes. Robert Smith was a kool surprise too, he sang great to "All Of This" and it was really good. Tom and Mark themselves were actually quite funny, the whiny american accents make you smile anyway. // 8

Overall Impression: Wembley is a great venue, has a great atmosphere but the crowd was no where near hyped enough. There were 2 support bands for Blink, the Kinison Who were poor and Sugarcult Who were pretty average but alot better than the Kinison Who didn't look like they wanted to be there. The show overall was excellent, great set and good entertainment, like I said before the crowd spoilt it, they looked a bit bored and only the front of the crowd got into it really. The most memorable moments of the show were the legendary old songs and Travis' drum solo, also had I been a big fan of Robert Smith then I guess that would have been really kool for me. The tickets cost 25 each in total and if Blink did another show here then I'd definately go but I'd prefer a smaller venue. // 10

UK (Wembley), December 6, 2004 Reviewed by: overdrive182, on august 15, 2005

Sound: So, where do I start about the singing skills, frickin' awesome! Mark and Tom don't have the best voices in the music industry but with there songs, nothing beats them! And they are as good live as they are on their records! There was no sign of Tom or Mark struggling to sing their songs, they just simply got on stage and gave the crowd what they wanted a damn good show! Most peple know what instruments Tom, Mark and Travis use: Tom used his Gibson signature model, Mark used his Pink Fender Precision bass and Travis used a set of drums with the Famous Stars & Straps logo on the bass drum (I couldn't make out what the actual brand was). Tom, as usual, was plugged through his amazingly loud Mesa amps. Overall, the sound was brilliant. I had friends Who were seated at the back of the auditorium Who said they could hear everything clearly withou echoing etc. // 10

Perfomance: I enjoyed the show so much it made me feel upset after they walked off stage. I think most Blink 182 fans enjoyed the show judging by the atmosphere in the mosh pits. The uniqueness of the band's behaviour and performance on stage was so good to watch. they were full of suprises all night especially when Travis done an amazing drum solo that blew the whole place away! We had Mark soloing at the end on a keyboard, Tom's guitar and a harmonica, which gave the crows a final laugh before the night was over. Everyone was singing along to the songs, and the place looked to pretty when everyone help up thir phones instead of lighters when the band demanded it just before they played 'Stay Together For The Kids'. The introduction song by the band was Feeling This, which blew me away - especially the way the intro to the song was being played just as the curtain was being pulled up, amazing. Even though they played songs a but faster, that made the gig even better. If I was at a gig wherby the band sounded exactly the same as they did on the record then there is no point in going - the changes to their live versions of the songs were what made the night a night to remember! // 10

Overall Impression: The opening bands for the night were The Kinison and Sugarcult. Sugarcult were absolutely brilliant, it was a shame they were on stage for such a short perios of time. I loved the way Blink 182 opened up their performance to Feeling This and sang it faster than the original! I honestly can say that there was nothing I really hated apart from the fac that they never played their recent single at the time 'Always', which was a disappointment. The ticket cost me about 25, and it was worth every single penny and I would deffinaletly go to there next shows in London. A great night, whoever never went totally missed out! // 10

UK (Wembley), December 6, 2004 Reviewed by: Donkey Fly, on december 12, 2005

Sound: As always Mark and Tom did an excellent job on vocals. The songs seem so much better when performed live. Robert Smith was amazing also. He sounded great on All Of This and then the cover Boys Don't Cry was mind blowing. As always Tom used his Gibson Signature guitar. Mark switched between different basses. Travis used his normal tour setup. The overall sound was awesome. // 10

Perfomance: The great thing about Blink 182 concerts is that they have a laugh and that really makes them what they are. There se list was good, Starting with Feeling This and going through there hits such as First Date, I Miss You etc. They also did some songs they rarely do live such as Stockholm Syndrome. Mark doing a guitar solo, keyboard solo and a harmonica solo. Funny especialy on the keyboard solo. Tom used his effects very well, the Flanger he uses is great. The lighting effects were good too. // 10

Overall Impression: England, London, Wembly, 6th December 2004. The Kinison came on first. Their lead singer was crap but the overall music was ok. The Sugarcult came on, they were great. I love their shows, they are always top notch, there is nothing to hate about them. My ticket was about 25 Quid and it was well worth it. The most unforgettable moment for me is the Mark Keyboard solo, and asthenia. Since they've split up I won't be going to the next one no, but if they come back and retour in england. Definately! // 10

More Blink 182 reviews rating latest review