USA (Honolulu), August 13, 2004
unregistered, on may 13, 2005 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: Tom sounded awesome, he sung every song like it was his last, Mark was awesomer. At first tom used his signature Gibson then he went to a Fender Jazmaster, then to his old Fender signature. Mark used his signature Fender bass for most of the songs, but for the older songs he used his pre-signature bass. Travis used his pearl drum set, and he used it well. One thing I didn't get though was why he had a gaint symbol behind him, he didn't hit it once, could of just been for looks. They sounded great, they are way better live then on album, from what I heard before I went to this show was that tom sucked at singing live, but they were wrong, very wrong. // 10
Perfomance: Everyone in the crowd sang along to every song, the mosh wasn't the best but it was huge with a bunch of young military guys in it. They didn't talk to the crowd as much as they did while on tour for other albums. But they have also got alot more mature. They played (not in any order except for the first song and the last):
01. Feeling This - this was the opening song and the mosh was crazy.
02. Obvious - nobody really knew the words to this song, butits an awsome song for the mosh.
03. Violence - nobody new this one either.
04. All The Small Things - this is the last song I thought I would see a fifty year old moshing to.
05. Whats My Age Again - the whole pit area wash a mosh during this song.
06. Always - everybody were making out when they played this song.
07. Dammit - this was the last song they played, everyone went nuts I swear that was the most boobs I've seen at one time.
Right before they started playing Always. They told everyone not to take out thier lighters cause it was unsafe and it could start a fire, instead they said to take out everyones cell phones. Right before they went off the stage after Dammit Tom droped his guitar and said "if I had enough time I would f--k each and everyone of you, you guys are f--ing awesome!" // 10
Overall Impression: This show was in the USA, Honolulu, HI on Friday the 13 in August 2004. I don't know who the opener was but they werent that good. I loved eveything, I thought it was gonna be weird with all the grandmas and granpas there but they were in the mosh and everything. The tickets were 35 bucks, the only thing that sucked about this show was that it was supposed to be in April but then Travis Broke his foot. It was worth the money, they put on one of the best shows ever. Well there were a lot of topless chicks. I will most certainly go to their next show. // 10