USA (Washington), June 16, 2004 Review

9.9
 9.8
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Washington), June 16, 2004 Reviewed by: sumfartieone, on june 22, 2004

Sound: This was an awesome concert, the sound was mixed perfectly and you could hear every instrument as clear as day. As usual Tom switched guitas after about every song and Mark switched basses about after every three songs. // 8

Perfomance: The performance was mind blowing! They started the show with Travis hitting a huge gong and then opening the curtains to start off with fellin this. At the end of songs Travis would kind off stand up while he was playing it was cool. And at the end of the show Travis dissapeared from the stage only to reappear being pushed down the center isle in a wheelchair, then was lifted into a patform with a drumset that raised HIM 15 feet in the air for his kickass 15 min drum solo. I didnt relize it till the drumsolo that Travis still has his broken leg, wow that was amazing. And for anyone Who says Tom sucks at guitar you should off saw HIM on stage, he even took some solos it was pretty cool. I can't remember all the songs they played but they played alot of older songs like M&Ms, Carousel, Rock Show, Dammit, mixed in with the newer stuff. Like I said they started with Fellin This and ended with Dammit. // 10

Overall Impression: We went to the White River Ampitheater in Auburn Washington and the date was june 16th. The tickets were $56, and by far the best part was the drum solo. The band that opened was phantom planet and they were a kickass band. We left before No Doubt took the stage so we didnt get to see them but heard from friends that they were awesome. Go out and see them! // 10

USA (Washington), June 16, 2004 Reviewed by: harm0n20, on june 22, 2004

Sound: To start off Blink is one of the best bands ever live. They're the funniest people ever and their live shows are amazing! This was the second Blink concert I've gone to and I'm sure I'll go to others. The sound was awesome it wasn't to loud but it was loud enough for every one to hear it perfectly and really get you hyped. They really do a good job of getting the crowd pumping. // 10

Perfomance: They played alot of new songs along with a lot of old songs. All of them were really good and I love how they add stuff to their songs. They really like to change up lyrics and riffs and add stuff to their live shows and its just really really cool. My favorite part of the show was when they played a "medley" of their old songs. They started it off with Dumpweed from Enema Of The State and then went to M&M'S from Cheshire. Then they stopped and mark said "right now is my time and im gonna go get a drink." And then he came back and they went into Josie From Dude Ranch which is an awesome song. Then they played Man Overboard and back to Dumpweed. It was really and amazing show. // 10

Overall Impression: This show took place at the White River Ampitheatre outside of Seattle Washington. The tickets were more expensive than last time I saw them but it was well worth the money. They had the Nervous Return on sidestage when I got there but I didn't pay much attention to them. On the main stage Phantom Planet started playing and they are pretty good. Then Blink came on. It was still daylight when they started playing which kinda sucked but they really did rock the house. After Blink was No Doubt Who were just really cheesey and stupid. they didnt do anything amazing or anything. Gwen just bounced around stage like an excercise instructor and the rest of the band just stood there. I was disappointed that Blink went on before No Doubt cuz Blink is definately the better band in my opinion. But it was still a really good show. I am really looking forward to the next Blink concert that rolls on by my town. // 10

USA (Washington), June 16, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 07, 2004

Sound: The whiteriver ampitheater is really great for concerts, the vocals and instruments sounded superb, especially on Tom's Gibson, the only song that didn't seem to have good vocals was "I Miss You" on Mark's part. // 10

Perfomance: Tom and Mark did some funny things to keep the crowd entertained, I loved the story Mark made about coming to Seattle to go to starbucks, get a microsoft computer and go to the space needle, good stuff. Then Tom giving out their manager's phone number, only something they would do. I came to the concert expecting them to just play stuff off their new album and then some greatest hits, but I didn't expect them to go back and play some really old stuff, M&M's and dumpweed (one of my favorites off of Enema). Well I didn't have the best seats in the house, but then at one point Mark and Tom were left on stage "where's Travis" I'm thinking soon enough he pops up in the middle of the theater for a really badass drum solo, probably the coolest thing of the whole concert. Of course being Blink 182, they have to end it with a laugh, one of their security guys on the back of a golf cart falling off. Really great. // 10

Overall Impression: The White River Ampitheatre was very convient, being in Auburn about 20 minute drive from where I live, but the roads weren't very large getting there so it was a pain to sit in traffic, but it was definently worth it after the show. Phantom Planet opened for Blink, not too bad, cept not quite in the same catergory as Blink, the people that I know Who listen to them are into pop-punk, not something I enjoy. Sound was great, performance was awesome, and the song selection couldn't have been any better, not to mention the Travis drum solo, seems to be a favorite of most people. I'm just hopeing it won't be too long before Blink puts out another album to go on tour again. // 10

More Blink 182 reviews rating latest review