Belgium (Brussels), March 5, 2006 Review

artist: bloodhound gang date: 02/02/2007 category: live concerts
bloodhound gang: Belgium (Brussels), March 5, 2006
The sound was pretty ok, sometimes the bass was too loud and it was really annoying, but overall the sound was good.
 Perfomance: 10
 5.2
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
Belgium (Brussels), March 5, 2006 Reviewed by: Eps123, on february 02, 2007

Sound: This is one crazy band, especially live, however, it is funny to see this once in a while. Jimmy Pop (vocals) is actually a very good live singer, well, at least he was at our gig. He wasn't playbacking because he changed many of the lyrics on stage, but his voice was really good live, I was amazed. Lupus Thunder used two different guitars, one with normal tuning, and one tuned in drop D. I'm not sure which kind of guitar he used, but I think they were both Gibsons. Evil Jared Hasselhoff, also used 2 kinds of basses, both Ibanez, one in standard tuning and one in drop D. They had a DJ, Who rapped together with Jimmy, who's called DJ Q-Ball. And of course there was Willy The New Guy. He is the drummer of the band, but I couldn't figure out what kind of drumkit he was using. The sound was pretty ok, sometimes the bass was too loud and it was really annoying, but overall the sound was good, the problem was that when the guitar played clean it was difficult to hear sometimes with the bass so loud, but that problem was fixed in no time, so it was ok. // 9

Perfomance: I enjoyed them a lot. I alread think the music is hilarious so I was pretty excited to see what they were up to live. I wasn't dissapointed: they put on a good (and a little bit disgusting) show on. They played all their best songs like: F.U.C.K., Balls Out, uhn Tiss, The Bad Touch, The Ballad Of Chasey Lane, Along Came Mary, You're The Least I Can Do and many more. All these songs were played very well, with a pretty much perfect voice from Jimmy, only the guitarist made a mistake on F.U.C.K. in the verse, he played a wrong note, that was pretty noticable, but for the rest te guys played extremely well. As I said before, they put on a good show, but it was also pretty disgusting. The bassist, started drinking a lot of Jgermeister on stage and got drunk and evenually, as everyone had expected, started throwing up, which was disgusting. As everyone knows, after a large amount of alcohol, a huge amount of urinating is necessary (I think you might see where I'm going with this), so yes, at one point, the bassist simply opened his fly, went standing behind the singer and started peeing on his shoulder. The singer, aware of what was happening, turned around, took his baseball cap off (which he was wearing throughout the whole show) and it was used as a toilet for the bassists urine. After the urinating stopped, the singer, weird as he is, put the wet baseball cap back on his head. Interesting people they are, I wonder what they do in their spare time. Anyway, the bassist was drunk, but did a good job, despite this fact. On the background of the stage they had funny sentences about hookers in flamish, which really made me laugh. Very entertaining show. // 10

Overall Impression: Belgium, Brussels, Ancienne Belgique, 5 March, 2006. The opener was a young band which consisted of teenagers. I don't know the name, because I arrived and they had already started playing, but I was really impressed, they were very enthusiastic and their music was really cool. The thing I loved about the show was the urinating. You don't see that every gig, so it is very funny to see it once in a while, and it put up a great show, everyone was really disgusted, but it only motivated the crowd. The thing I hated were our spots, because I had a friend with me Who has issues with loud music, so we had to go on the balcony, so it wasn't too loud for him, but we couldn't see the band that well, but yeah, it was a good show after all. The tickets costed around J20, which was not that expensive for a concert, but it was definetely worth it. I would go to their next gig, if they came, because, I'm sure they will have new acts live (like the urinating) and I would like to see that, I'm very curious. // 9

Comments