USA (New York), July 14, 2008 Review

4.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (New York), July 14, 2008 Reviewed by: MattTravis, on december 23, 2009

Sound: Jon Bon Jovi hit every note for possibly the first time Live since 2000 with the crush concert in Zurich, Switzerland. In Madison Square Gardens, NY, BonJovi played one of the most memerable concerts of all time. Richie Sambora stepped up from his usual backseat position and blew the crowd away with earth shattering guitar work only he could produce. Notably though, he must have used every guitar in his ownership, some SG's and his trademark Fenders more than present. THe quality of sound was amazing and every slight mistake, like one made by Tico Torres on the drums, could be heard. However, the band were so tight and immense, this tiny mistake did not blemish on the concert. // 10

Perfomance: I enjoyed them of course, though I must say, when you watch it on MTV afterwards, it seems just as good. Is this a good thing? I don't know. Take a look if you got MTV for the next playing of this concert. Well, if you've ever written one of these, they'res a sentance up above that says, '+ What songs they have played? List them and leave a comment on every song.' I honestly can't remember every song, but I must say that tracks 'Livin On A Prayer' and 'Blood on Blood', the later one that before the concert I didn't like, really were a pair of blow away tracks. I couldn't see it from where I was, but Jon Bon Jovi got down with the crowd at one point and started letting them idolise HIM. Classic. Real Classic. I thought perhaps more decorations could be used, like the 1994 London Concert, which was notably lower budget yet had gaint blow up devils and a giant blow up Elvis. // 9

Overall Impression: USA, New York City, Madison Square Gardens, July 14th 2008, and a day later also. The All American Rejects were the guest act, which as I am not a fan really of there style of Rock music, annoyed me a little bit. I pretty much loved the whole show, and how some songs were worked on to make them more guitar heavy than on the cd. With a Bon Jovi show you don't care how much the ticket costs, its worth it... O2 Arena 2010 tickets are selling second hand for up to 400. One thing troubled me, and its just slightly worrying. Is Richie Sambora, long time bakcing vocalist, losing his voice. The backing vocals were the only vocals out of tone. Am I going to their next gig? If I can get tickets, yeah, I know my uncles going anyway so I'll write a review from that of O2 2010. // 10

More Bon Jovi reviews rating latest review