USA (Moline), July 26, 2005
unregistered, on july 27, 2005 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: The sound was awesome. I've heard Breaking Benjamin live performances before and this is by far one of the best. Although Ben's voice did seem a bit higher pitched than usual it sounded close to what was on the album. The insturments sounded great. Perfect distortion and subs that shook the town made the concert sound sweet! // 10
Perfomance: I personally enjoyed the concert alot. The audience went wild on Breakdown as usual and there were dozens of people crowd surfing. When asked to cheer for No Address, Breaking Benjamin, Staind, or Three Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin got the most applause. I also liked the fact that at first the venue security was only going to let people with floor tickets go in to sign autographs. They also said they were only going to sign album covers, but when the band got there they let everyone in and they signed everything! The list of the gongs are as follows:
01. So Cold - this song was played last and had some awesome guitar parts during the chorus.
02. Polyamorous - added screaming by Ben and some sweet heavy bass lines.
03. Skin - again the bass was driving the whole night, but in this particular song I thought Ben's voice was the highest.
04. Breakdown - crowd went freaking nuts. Everyone everywhere was moshing!
05. Sooner Or Later - it's the new solo from their album so of course everyone was cheering.
06. Natural Life - first song of the night and it was a great opener. I think that their new drummer (Chad) plays the drums better than their old drummer (Jeremy) did.
07. Home - I really liked this song because they added in a short intro from the Wizard Of Oz that went with the song.
08. Away - I think this song had the best vocals and it seemed better than every live version I've ever heard.
09. Simple Design - another awesome song and lots of moshing along with security bashing crowd surfers. // 10
Impression: USA, Mark Of The Quad Cities, July 26, 2005. The opening gig was performed by No Address and I don't know why but the crowd didn't seem to like them. I thought they were pretty good. I loved the fact that the there were like 10 people in line for autographs when I went. Always go when the band gets done taking down their set. Not after the concert. Tickets were like $60 or something like that and was definately worth the money. There were girls flashing all over the place and not to mention half of them were drunk. I'm definately going to the next gig! // 8