USA (San Antonio), April 16, 2005
unregistered, on may 07, 2005 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: The amps were a sound of beauty. Ben's voice was a tad off. I heard he was dealing with vocal problems during the tour. He still pulled off an amazing scream during the band's opening song "Natural Life." // 8
01. Natural Life - great opening song. Liked the way they built up the intro.
02. Breakdown - Ben took a shot of something during the "drank up all my alcohol" verse.
03. Polyamorus - crow favorite, pits throughout the pavilion.
04. Away - nice song. Ben kinda lost his voice here.
05. Water - awesome mini solo Aaron did before this song. Ben sang this song awesome.
06. Home - my favorite from them. Great performance. As soon as the song was over Ben took another shot. I think he was drunk before the show.
07. Break My Fall - nice song. Ben kinda struggled at the end.
08. Sooner Or Later - crowd sang all of this one. Good job.
09. Simple Design - great performance full of energy.
10. Firefly - wasn't expecting this song to be played but it came great performance first time I've heard it Live.
11. So Cold - everyone went crazy. They walked off and said goodnight?
12. Rain - Ben came out and did this by himself until the middle of the song when the song turned into the electric version. Nice job. Wonder if they would put an electric version on a EP. After the song ended crowd started to chant "Shallow Bay" but darn they said goodnight for the final time and walked off.
Overall good show. Ben needs some rest for his voice. Highlight: Ben drunk trying to sing Rain. Letdown - No Shallow Bay. // 8
Overall Impression: The show took place in San Antonio, TX, USA at the Sunset Station lonestar pavillion. The Exies and Theory Of A Deadman opened. They were awesome bands and I would see al three again. It was worth the $26.00. // 10