UK (Edinburgh), November 20, 2006 Review

9.3
 9.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Edinburgh), November 20, 2006 Reviewed by: Celticfife, on february 21, 2007

Sound: First of all let me say this gig was amazing even though it had it's downsides still one of the bset nights of my life. The vocal skill of Mat Tuck (lead singer) was failing at the gig it was later found he was suffering from laryngitis so no blame went to BFMV for having to cancel the set half way through. Although BFMV never played a full set that night the performance was amazing although you could hear Matt Tucks voice failing he still tried to go on but when it came to his voice cutting out in the middle of songs he was forced to retire the set. Apart from Matt Tucks Voice failing all the other vocals (backing from other band memebers) were great the screaming by Jay And Padge was amazing better than on the album in my opinion. The instruments they used I believe were Jackson guitars Matt Tuck was using his signiture Jackson guitar that night but other than that I can't remember what instruments they were using but the sound was amazing. The sound was crisp and super loud which added to the atmosphere and made the fans go crazy. // 9

Perfomance: In my opinion the audience enjoyed the show even with the downsides of not hearing a full set. There was a mosh pit which is expected at this kind of gig in the centre of the floor which was kinda annoying for a while but then once the music got started no one really seemed to care they were so caught up in the music. 01. Intro - this was played as bullet were coming onto the stage one by one in my opinion this was a bit too long it took bullet around 5 minutes to get onto the stage after the intro started which started to get annoying. 02. Her Voice Resides - amazing one of the first songs played what a performance Matt Tuck, Jay And Padge were vocally amazing on this song dispite Matts failing lung power. The guitar playing and drums were great also everything was perfect in my opinion. 03. Hand Of Blood - I can't describe how good this was, it was simply amazing the 3 and a half minutes of this song were the best 3 and a half minutes of my life lol. It was amazing vocals, guitar and drums oustanding in this song loved every second of it. 04. 4 Words To Choke Upon - again similar to Hand Of Blood in almost every way it was amazing really got the crowd goign on this one. 05. Tears Don't Fall - this isn't my favorite song by BFMV but it was amazing the band let the crowd sing along to most of this one I think because Matts lungs weren't performing later the further we go into the gig but it was amazing again. 06. All These Things I Hate - great song the crowd got nearly the whole song to sing which was really great for a good sing-a-long lol. 07. Cries In Vain - good performance love this song so naturally I will say this was one of the best of the night. // 9

Overall Impression: The arena was great for this kinda of band small not too big not too small though enough for the crowd to be right infront of the band was great. The opening bands for the gig were Protest The Hero and As I Lay Dying who were both great bands Who I hadn't heard before that night and now I own both their albums both bands performed amazing on both vocals and musically As I Lay Dying really got the crowd going jsut before BFMV came onto the stage. The atmosphere on the show was the best thing about it. It was simply amazing just to be there was something special. I didn't like the fact that we only got half a set I think but it couldn't be help it was no fault of the bands. The ticket cost 15 and it was worth every penny now I know how good it was I would pay more than 30 to see them Live well worth the money. The most unforgettable moment of the gig was when BFMV had jsut finished Her Voice Resides and Matt steped up to the mic and screamed "This is Hand Of Blood!" Into it my heart skippeda few beats there. I will be at thenext gig for sure next time there back I'll be there again. // 9

More Bullet For My Valentine reviews rating latest review