USA (Louisville), September 12, 2008 Review

artist: bullet for my valentine date: 05/29/2009 category: live concerts
bullet for my valentine: USA (Louisville), September 12, 2008
The audience consisted mainly of teenagers, some actually there with their parents, etc was very active, and was moshing since the second opener. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance, it was just excellent.
 Perfomance: 9.5
 9.5
 8.9
reviews (2) 6 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Louisville), September 12, 2008 Reviewed by: Drool_Mouse, on may 13, 2009

Sound: The instrumentation was the standard of any rock/metal/metalcore band, 2 guitars, and bass, and drums. Matt Tuck's Live vocals were astoundingly good, and his screams were awesome. Jason's screams however, were off a bit. It's not that they sounded bad, but they weren't as strong as they sound on record (of course it's Live, and he only has 1 shot, versus multiple in a studio). But it's obvious they were touring for a while, he sounded a bit tired. Overall, The Music was great, a ton of energy. Pinch harmonics were done where they had them written (no one missed one) and sometimes for added flare, they added a couple here or there into a couple songs. The sound quality was great, everything was pretty easy to hear. // 7

Perfomance: The audience (unfortunately) consisted mainly of teenagers, some actually there with their parents, etc was very active, and was moshing since the second opener. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance, it was just excellent. They played most of their material since they only have 2 albums as of yet (and one EP). This included "Deliver Us From Evil" and "4 Words" pretty much all of their songs. They played "Hearts Burst Into Fire" and then Matt pretty much was like, we're gonna play something really heavy now (in comparison to "Hearts") and proceeded to crank out "Hand of Blood" - an awesome song. They closed the show with "Waking the Demon" such an amazing song, excellent Live as well. There wasn't a whole lot of decoration during the show, but between bands, they had white screens and projectors showing clips for No Fear sponsored events (since they sponsored the tour). It was good entertainment while waiting for each band. // 10

Overall Impression: This show was in Louisville, KY, USA at Coyote's Club on September 12, 2008. The openers for the show were The Black Tide and Bleeding Through. The Black Tide's performance was really sort of crappy. I could see his fingers moving furiously across the fretboard, but I couldn't hear anything. But in general, I just don't find their music quite that good, considering it's not that original. Bleeding Through's performance was intense. They demanded moshing to every song, so we kindly went to the side (it was a dance club, ironically, so the moshing was kept to the dance floor.) and enjoyed the performance without having to worry about having someone smash into you. I loved the show in general, it was a great time. The only thing that really bothered me was the audience age group (which I should have anticipated) was really young, and pretty annoying. The tickets were about $32 I think. Either way it was worth it, and the 90 minute Drive down to Louisville. Probably the most unforgettable moment of the show was the Wall of Death during the solo to "Waking the Demon." I did not participate (didn't feel like being injured) but it was fun to watch, especially when a 13 year old kid stumbled out with a bloodied nose. I would definitely go see another performance of theirs, but preferably after they release new material. // 7

USA (Louisville), September 12, 2008 Reviewed by: ESPman6505+, on may 29, 2009

Sound: Before I went to this show, me and my friends were talking about how matt's voice had changed on the new album due to having surgery for his throat. So even thought we were extremely excited bout this show, we didn't know really what to expect. But when we got there and heard Matt's voice, it was ten times better than on the record. His voice has improved so much and had started showing signs from The Poison days. I was very impressed. Matt's guitars consisted of his usual Jackson RR1T, and his signature Jackson models. For Say Goodnight and Eye of the Storm, he used a Zakk Wylde Custom. Padge's guitars were his signature ESP V. Can't really remember what bass Jay was using... Sorry. And Moose was incredible on his drum set. They had (in my opinion) excellent sound. Especially for a Live show. // 10

Perfomance: The Performance was AMAZING! When they hit the stage with the opening Scream Aim Fire, a wall of Distortion just hit's you square in the face and the crowd and myself were just blown away. Of the songs that I remember, Scream Aim Fire, Disappear, 4 Words, Tears Don't Fall, Suffocating Under Words Of Sorrow, Say Goodnight, Eye of the Storm, Hand of Blood, Deliver Us From Evil, Hearts Burst Into Fire, and Waking the Demon were played. However, a big single was missing, All These Things I Hate. There were some funny moments like when they announced it was Padge's B-day and they said he turned 18. // 9

Overall Impression: This was a special show for me considering that it was in Louisville, KY. September 12, 2008 is now a special day in my life because it was when I got to see Bullet For My Valentine. Black Tide and Bleeding Through were the opening acts. I like Black Tide but I really don't think that they belonged on this tour. And Bleeding through was good. I paid like 30 bucks for a ticket and it was well worth it. I def. Be going to see Bullet again in the future! // 10

More Bullet For My Valentine reviews rating latest review