USA (Concord), October 4, 2002 Review

artist: carlos santana date: 08/10/2004 category: live concerts
carlos santana: USA (Concord), October 4, 2002
The crowd was really going wild. Everyone was dancing and it was really fun. The stage was decorated with pictures of Maya carvings. It looked awesome.
 Perfomance: 10
 8.3
 6.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Concord), October 4, 2002 Reviewed by: im not mental, on august 10, 2004

Sound: The singers were Santana's singers Tony Lindsay and Andy Vargas, and they did a pretty good job doing all the songs where Carlos did stuff with guest artists. Carlos used PRS guitars, and they sounded awesome. // 10

Perfomance: The crowd was really going wild. Everyone was dancing and it was really fun. It was so long ago, I forgot most of what they played, but I remember they played The Game Of Love, Smooth, Victory Is Won, Foo Foo, Oye Como Va, etc. The stage was decorated with pictures of Maya carvings. It looked awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was at Friday October 4, 2002 at The Chronicle Pavillion in Concord, CA, USA. The Opening band was Ozomatli, a reggae/ska/hip hop group, and they kicked ass. (If you see the movie Never Been Kissed, I know it was crap, but in that scene where she gets stoned in the club, they're the band playing in the background.) I loved how Santana was just jamming on the guitar, switching between electric and acoustic, and I loved Ozomatli. I hated the fact that the guy right next to me was smoking pot. It smelled like dog shit. I won the tix in a local radio station contest, but I would've payed money to see HIM. The most unforgettable moment was when he was doing Victory Is Won, that solo is incredible. I think that if I get the chance I will go to another Santana show. He puts on a great show. // 10

More Carlos Santana reviews rating latest review