USA (Milwaukee), June 30, 2005
fabs1925, on january 09, 2006 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: Chevelle sounded okay, but there definitely could have been room for improvement. Plus, the bassist wasn't performing (although we all know the story behind that now), so it seemed like the bass was turned down. Obviously their sub bassist wasn't quite up to par yet. Besides from that though the show was mostly rockin'. With a guitar, a bass, and drums, Chevelle manages to achieve a bigger sound than one would expect from a trio. // 8
Perfomance: It was the first night of Summerfest and everyone was jacked for the show. People were going nuts and it was just a great atmosphere for a rock concert. Chevelle played:
01. The Clincher - the last song, and everyone was singing along.
02. Comfortable Liar - I personally love this song and it was great. Right away when he started pick scraping everyone knew what was coming and went crazy.
03. Send The Pain Below - just awesome, Pete really got the crowd into this one and got everyone screamin' the lyrics.
04. Vitamin R - I think the bassist might have slipped up on this song, but being forced into a tight spot I'll cut him some slack.
05. Closure - a lot of people got out cell phones during this song.
06. Still Running - the lights were going crazy during this song. Definitely the brightest and most colorful of the songs.
07. The Red - everyone knew the words to this one too.
08. Another Know It All - this is a great hard rock song.
09. Forfeit - this was probably my least favorite song they performed, it was somewhat dull.
10. Tug-O-War - this a great song that I really didn't like as much as I do now, after the concert. // 10
Overall Impression: USA, Milwaukee, Summerfest, Mountain Dew Rock Stage, June 30, 2005. The Lovehammers opened for Chevelle, and I didn't really like them. I though the frontman was really gay, but a lot of people did like them, saying they put on a great show. One of the greatest memories of that show is just the anticipation for it to start. As soon as the opening night fireworks were done, we all started chanting CHE-VELLE, CHE-VELLE for awhile. As soon as the stage lights went off we starting chanting again. When they first started playing, an appreciative roar went up from the crowd. At just $12 for a Summerfest ticket, this was definitely a great deal and I would definitely go see Chevelle again because they rock! // 10