Finland (Helsinki), March 22, 2011 Review

artist: children of bodom date: 10/18/2011 category: live concerts
children of bodom: Finland (Helsinki), March 22, 2011
It happened in Helsinki, Finland, Helsinki Icehall 22.3.2011. I enjoyed every second of it. It was best night in my life for years - if not in the whole life.
 Perfomance: 10
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
Finland (Helsinki), March 22, 2011 Reviewed by: zannibal, on october 18, 2011

Sound: Alexi's voice hasn't been best for a few years, but this time it rocked. Except on songs "Blooddrunk" and "Was It Worth It?" - the sound was horrible. Other than that, Alexi did fine with vocals. They had the full band here, 2 guitars, bass, drums and keyboards. Playing was pretty much perfect, the only big mistake I can remember is on "Shovel Knockout" - Laiho really messed up the first riff. The sound quality was perfect. Absolutely. // 9

Perfomance: I enjoyed every second of it. It was best night in my life for years - if not in the whole life. It actually was better than Iron Maiden's gig later this year. The list of songs they played and some comments: "Not My Funeral" - Intro was really cool. It was dark and they were shoving reaper and some hung guy on tree with spot light and then the song started and boom - the flames just started go around the stage. "Bodom Beach Terror" - With no speaks they kicked off the next song, this wasn't any special, really cool anyways. "Needled 24/7" - Don't remember too much from this one. "Ugly / Roundtrip To Hell And Back" - Nothing special, sounded cool and yeah, what more can I say. "In Your Face" - Maybe the best thing in the gig, even I'm more into old Bodom. Just god damnit, when the riff started and the drums and then GO! With fireworks. Awesome. "Living Dead Beat" - Another a bit less interesting song, can't remember much. "Children Of Bodom" - Coolest thing in setlist. Too bad they cutted the song right when the classic stylish keyboard stolo started. "Hate Me!" - Typical song in their gigs. Was a bit disappointed as they started this instead of classic stylish keyboard solo. Ending was cool with the gunshot - got me scared for a few seconds. "Blooddrunk" - Another not so memorable moment. "Shovel Knockout" - "Ja mehn saatana soitetaan" and here it goes - Alexi ruins the riff... Other than that it was cool song, specially when the Alexi start screaming and guys in pit went crazy. "Angels Don't Kill" - I never liked this song before the gig. But in the gig god damnit the pyro effects at chorus were awesome. "Follow The Reaper" - Can't remember that much. "Downfall" - Awesome song. Even 2 shy nerds before me went crazy at this part and started moshing. Encore: "Was It Worth It?" - Again not so cool song. "Hate Crew Deathroll" - Cool as always. Perfect way to end gig. As you can see, they cutted out some most used songs like "Lake Bodom". There wasn't really any special things like solo battles or grilling sausages on pyros, but can't whine about that. Set list was cool, specially with the COB song there. // 10

Overall Impression: It happened in Helsinki, Finland, Helsinki Icehall 22.3.2011 Openers were Machinae Supremacy wich I really didn't like. But then came the Ensiferum. My jaw just fell to the ground. First I was like "yeah troll metal..." and then they started playing and I was just amazed. That was the moment I got into folk metal. Ensiferum on it's own was worth paying for tickets. Tickets were 40, and totally worth it. Can't really say must unforgettable moment as it was totally mindblowing. Of course I could go to next show and actually just noticed they're coming back. Too bad I'm not old enough. // 9

More Children Of Bodom reviews rating latest review