UK (Sheffield), December 5, 2005 Review

artist: chimaira date: 01/09/2006 category: live concerts
chimaira: UK (Sheffield), December 5, 2005
The drum and the guitars used were standard chimairs gear, which looks good and sounds even better. The music was played extremmely well, even the ones that they hadn't played live for some time now, and the noise made was almost perfect.
 Perfomance: 8
 6.9
 4.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Sheffield), December 5, 2005 Reviewed by: bradwell46@hotm, on january 09, 2006

Sound: Mark has the most amazing voice on the records, any true Chimaira fan will agree. This is the same as well for when they played a live set at corportaion, one of the smallest gig rooms they played in on there tour. Mark Hunter had the crowd under control from start to finish with his twisted lyrics shouted out through his stone cold, highly violent voice. The drum and the guitars used were standard chimairs gear, which looks good and sounds even better. The music was played extremmely well, even the ones that they hadntplayed live for some time now, and the noise made was allmost perfect. My only complaint, or problem that I had, was that the overdrive on the guitars and the distorion was a little to heavy, which made a lot of there stuff sound the same. Overall, this was a really good quality show. // 9

Perfomance: I absolouetly loved the concert. I had been waiting for over three months to see them, and when I got there, from start to finish, I had a grin on my face. They played allmost all there new album, and some of the favourates off there older albums as well. These are the wall of death provoking "Cleansation," to the ultimate riffage of "Power Trip," to the pure violence that is associated with "Pure Hatred." They also played panteras walk, which was done in memery of panteras dimebag darrol, who was a great supporter and friend of chimaira. They played his song brilliantly. The special moment for me was when I got up the courage to get in the totally awesome mosh pits that happen. That was really violent, and I will never forget it. The weirdest thing tht happened was when we all looked at Mark and the guitarist, and they were both enjoying a bottle of beer and a splif, which was hilarious. They also tore up the song list and let the crowd shout out what they wanted to be played, which led us all astray from the slightly repetive and bland songs, to the heavy songs that make chimaira look like an adreniline fuelles war wagon. The visual effects included, at the start of there fisrt song, strobe lights that made you unable to see the band, until the riff came in and the lights turen on. Now, when I still think about that moment in send shivers down my spine. // 8

Overall Impression: The gig took place in England, Sheffield, in the centre of the city. The gig was on the 5th of December, 2005, which made my Christams one to remember. The support bands were called Hateshpere, who were extremmely good, the dark tranquility, who were equally as good, but got a little boring because we really wanted to see chimaira. I loved the way in which Mark Hunter commands the crowd, and takes controls of the pit, probably from his eperience of been in them, more than likely. I didnt like the time that the second support band, Dark Tranquility stayed on for, as it got a little bit annyoing towards there last songs. Non the less, a great band. The gig ticket was sixteen pounds, and it was worth every peeny, I would have payed double, maybe triple that to get into the show. The most unforgettable part was when they played "pure Hatred", that is a true death metal song, sang, played, and performed like it was there last gig ever. The way Mark shouted "I hate everyone", made you shiver in fear, but smile in delight that you actually got too here it. Next time they come to sheffield, I'm definetly going to be there. They are one of the best live bands ever. // 10

Comments