Sound: Claudio was spot on. Unlike the live performances I had heard before, he hit every single note. There were a few good surprises alone with the infamous double neck, and a beautiful acoustic used for "Wake Up." The levels were perfect, nothing overpowered anything else. Overall this was most likely the greatest show I've ever been to. The band showed a lot of respect for eachother and it was a very balanced show. // 10
Perfomance: The energy in the place was amazing, the pis stretched wall to wall during "Welcome Home." Their set was extremely varied and a nice combo of songs from their repotoir:
01. In Keeping Secrets - a real surprise opener, becuase everyone I was with said they open with welcome home usually.
02. 10 Speed - another great surpruise, my friend mike's favorite song, played brilliantly as always.
03. Blood Red Summer - greatly done, the entire crowd was chanting "hey hey" good time.
04. The Crowing - one of my personal favorites, done perfectly with a little extended solo.
05. Wake Up - about half the place was probably crying, his voice was amazing, and the performance was much better than the recording.
06. Time Consumer - this is the first Coheed song I ever heard so I was pleased to see it live.
07. A Favor House Atlantic - got the crowd pumped, cuz we're on the atlantic, a stone's throw away.
08. Devil In Jersey City - the Jersey folk went nuts for this one, theres just something great about our state being featured in a song.
09. The Suffering - everyone went insane for this one, the guitar was played amazingly, got the crowd ready for.
10. Welcome Home - this is when they started having to take people out for going nuts, it was quite funny, during this song a coat that got throw up on stage got hooked to Claudio's guitar, he kinda chuckled and tried to shake it off, playing thru it brilliantly.
11. The Final Cut - my absolute favorite song, they played the song normally until the solos, then it was complete chaos, this song was about 20-25 minutes long, complete with talk box solo, and a few minutes of Claudio singing thru his pickups, the overall showmanship and cameraderie of this song and the way they played off of eachother reminded me of early Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. It was amazing. // 10
Overall Impression: USA, Asbury Park, Convention Hall, on April 9th 2006's show was amazing. The openers were Head Automatica and A7X, who were both amazing. The show was amazing, there were only two drawbacks, their was a long set up time between acts, and the doors opened about 45 minutes later tahn expected. But for 40$ this show was more than worth the 2 hours in the cold. The most memorable part of the show was The Final Cut, because it incorperated so many styles and unexpected little quirks that made it unforgettable. Next time they're in the area, I will be there without a doubt! // 10