USA (San Francisco), November 9, 2007 Review

Perfomance: 9
 4.9
 9.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (San Francisco), November 9, 2007 Reviewed by: im not mental, on november 14, 2007

Sound: Claudio was really good this time around. He was spot on vocals wise, and was incredible on guitar. Between playing behind his neck, playing with his teeth, and using a really spacey effect on the final cut that I have never heard or seen before, I was almost expecting HIM to douse his guitar in lighter fluid and set it on fire! Claudio had a Gibson Explorer, doubleneck sg, and a really awesome looking minarik. Travis had a Les Paul, and mic had a Fender bass. In addition to the band, they also had a keyboardist and 2 female backup singers. It was a really good surprise that made the sound much richer than it would've been. // 10

Perfomance: The audience loved it. As soon as the lights went out everyone started cheering and chanting "Coheed! Coheed!" over Metallica's "...And Justice For All" album, which was playing over the loudspeakers at the time. The songs they played were: 01. No World For Tomorrow - really awesome choice for an opener. It got the audience really pumped. 02. Gravemakers And Gunslingers - my personal favorite track off the new album. It was a really great song and one of my favorite moments of the evening. 03. Junesong Provision - I wasn't really expecting them to pull out this song from the SSTB days, but I'm glad they did. It was awesome hearing it live. 04. A Favor House Atlantic - everyone was singing along to this breakthrough track. Chris Pennie did some really nice improvisation on the drums as well. 05. Ten Speed (Of God's Blood And Burial) - they kept the energy from favor house high with ten speed. the moshpit was really fun in this one, and the backup singers really shone here. 06. The Hound (Of Blood And Rank) - really solid performance. As everyone got really excited when the intro was played. 07. The Suffering - another great effort. The backup singers shone on this track too. 08. Feathers - everyone was singing to the chorus on this one. It was really fun. 09. Everything Evil - quite possibly one of the greatest moments in Coheed And Cambria's Live history. They started out with everything evil, much to the crowd's enjoyment. After the second chorus, Claudio starts the intro riff to Iron Maiden's "The Trooper," and all hell breaks loose. The moshpit was really intense, and they did an excellent interpretation. Travis even sang lead vocals on the second verse! After the solo, they kept the adrenaline high by going into Devil in Jersey City. Everyone was really into it. They concluded with the outro to everything evil. 10. Mother Superior - if the afforementioned medley was not the highlight of the evening, then this certainly was. It was such a beautiful song, and phones and lighters were in the air a majority of the time. 11. Cuts Marked In The March Of Men - another song that I wasn't really expecting, but I was nonetheless glad that they played it. They hadn't played it the other 2 times I saw them. 12. The Running Free - this rendition was a far cry from this summer's Warped Tour, where no one had ever heard the song before. This time around, everyone knew the words and had an awesome time. 13. In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3 - such a great song. The audience sang every word to it, sometimes even drowning out Claudio! It was so great hearing it Live again. Encore: 14. Welcome Home - yeah, the encore was a bit predictable, but I'm not complaining. As soon as they came back onstage and saw claudio with his doubleneck SG, everyone knew what was coming. It was a great moshpit and everyone really enjoyed themselves. 15. The Willing Well Iv - The Final Cut - I've seen them play this song twice now, and this was the better version that I heard. I love how they just jam with plenty of improvisation. Travis and Claudio had trade off solos (Travis with his talk box, Claudio playing with his teeth). Towards the end, Claudio used this one really weird spacey-sounding effect that I'm not sure what it was. Whatever it ws, it sounded really cool. Afterwards, they changed it up and started playing in 4/4 time. Mic then proceeded to do a bass solo, and Chris went and did a short, but sweet, drum solo. The stage was decorated with the cityscape on the cover of NWFT, with a big keywork symbol in the middle. // 9

Overall Impression: The show was on November 9, 2007 at the Warfield in San Francisco, CA, USA. The openers were Clutch and The Fall Of Troy. Clutch were really awesome. I'm going to be getting a few of their albums soon. The Fall of Troy were absolutely brilliant. They definitely had the best guitar work of the evening. The last time I saw Coheed here, I was in the second to last row, but this time I got floor tickets. It was so much better that way. I also thought the openers were way better (last time it was Mewithoutyou, who weren't really good, Dredg, who were awesome, and The Blood Brothers, who got annoying really fast). If I could've changed one thing, however, I would've thrown "The Crowing" in the setlist somewhere. But hey, "junesong" and "cuts marked" were surprises, so maybe they'll pull them out next time around. The ticket cost $27.50 USD, and I got my money's worth. Standout moments were the everything evil medley, mother superior, gravemakers and gunslingers, and the final cut. this has been my third coheed show, and they seem to get better every time I see them, so I'll definetly catch them again. // 10

More Coheed And Cambria reviews rating latest review