USA (San Francisco), October 14, 2005 Review

artist: coheed and cambria date: 10/17/2005 category: live concerts
coheed and cambria: USA (San Francisco), October 14, 2005
You better believe that the audience enjoyed it. They loved every minute of it. The stage was decorated with the artwork from "Good Apollo," including the giant guillotine. There were a bunch of lights that were projecting keyworks and dragonflies throughout the arena. It was great.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (San Francisco), October 14, 2005 Reviewed by: im not mental, on october 17, 2005

Sound: My god, Claudio sounds so much better live than on the albums. He was really energetic. They used, as always, Gibson guitars. Claudio used his white-on-white doubleneck SG, as well as an Xplorer and an acoustic that I couldn't see what model it was. Travis played his Les Paul. I don't know what type of bass Michael used. I could hear everything perfectly from the third to last row (those were the best ones they had). The sound was perfect. // 10

Perfomance: You better believe that the audience enjoyed it. They loved every minute of it. Here are the songs they played. I'm not sure it was in this exact order, but it's the ones they played. 01. Keeping The Blade - as soon as Claudio came out with his doubleneck SG, everyone started cheering like hell. 02. Always And Never - I wouldn't really count this as an opening song, just an extension of the intro. Claudio played it on the 12-string neck of his doubleneck. 03. Welcome Home - this is where the show really started. Everyone was headbanging, playing air guitar, and singing along to the words. Great song. 04. Ten Speed (Of God's Blood And Burial) - dark, yet incredibly catchy song that had everyone jumping. 05. Delirium Trigger - as soon as the first note sounded, everyone was cheering. The audience knew the words to the whole song. We loved it. 06. Blood Red Summer - Claudio had us chanting with the "Whoah" part during the bridge. This was a sure crowd pleaser. 07. Apollo I: The Writing Writer - as soon as they started the intro, everyone started cheering and holding up four fingers. ("I'm Burning Star IV") Good song. 08. Devil In Jersey City - god, what a great song. All of us were singing along and having a great time. 09. A Favor House Atlantic - how can Coheed And Cambria play a show without this song? Everyone was jumping around and enjoying themselves. 10. Three Evils (Embodied In Love And Shadow) - I didn't expect them to play this song, so I was really surprised when they pulled it out. It's one of my favorite Co&Ca songs ever. I'm glad they played it. 11. Once Upon Your Dead Body - they started it by playing "The Ring In Return," but cutting it off when it says "Hello?" Then Claudio started singing, "If hello, could only drop it's o... " I thought they were going to play something off of IKSOSE3 when "The ring in return" started playing, but it was this. Good song, anyway. 12. Wake Up - Claudio played it on his acoustic. Phones and lighters went up during this song. Some were singing along, and couples were making out. After the song, some guy yelled out, "Claudio I want your babies!" It was hilarious. 13. The Suffering - Michael gave the introduction by saying "We're gonna play a song that we just shot the video for." Everyone knew what was coming after that. Another great crowd pleaser. 14. Everything Evil - as soon as the drums started, everyone went nuts. It was a great song. Everyone was singing along to it. Encore: 15. In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3 - when the intro started up, everyone went crazy. It just plain rocked. Everyone knew the words by heart and sang them so loud, that you couldn't even hear Claudio sing them. I'm so glad they played this song. 16. The Willing Well Iv - The Final Cut - everyone knew this was coming. It was a great way to finish off the concert. At the end, the giant guillotine that was on the stage fell. It was awesome. The stage was decorated with the artwork from "Good Apollo," including the giant guillotine I mentioned above. There were a bunch of lights that were projecting keyworks and dragonflies throughout the arena. It was great. // 10

Overall Impression: Coheed And Cambria played a sold-out show at the SF Weekly Warfield in San Francisco, CA, USA on Friday, October 14, 2005. They sure had a good idea on who to open for them. Mewithoutyou were okay, Dredg were excellent, and the Blood Brothers rocked too, but I couldn't hear their guitarist too well. I loved everything about the show, except that they didn't play my absolute favorite Coheed song, The Crowing. The ticket cost $22.50, and the show was worth way more than that. The most unforgettable moments were Welcome Home, In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3, Three Evils (Embodied In Love And Shadow), Devil In Jersey City, and The Suffering. I will definetly go to their next gig, hopefully with better tickets. All I can say is that I don't expect Coheed And Cambria to be playing clubs for much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if they started playing stadiums sometime soon. If they haven't passed by your town yet get tickets now! // 10

More Coheed And Cambria reviews rating latest review