UK (Nottingham), December 12, 2005 Review

Perfomance: 6
 3.4
 6.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Nottingham), December 12, 2005 Reviewed by: Ploosh_Meister, on april 21, 2006

Sound: The sound of the show was great, Dani Filth was perfectly audiable, though he did seem to have one or two problems with his mic and different points. The problem with the sound was how quiet it was. You could pretty much speak at normal volume and still hear what you were saying. The sound quality was good though, and with the few songs that I reckognized it was much better to hear them live than on recording. // 8

Perfomance: Everyone seemed to have a great time at Cradle Of Filth, apart from me. As someone Who's only really heard what they've released as video's on music channels and never really thought they were the greatest band in the world, I became extremely bored. I ended up passing the time by moshing, which to be honest, sucks. They started with 'Gilded Cunt' which was amazing, and they played Nymphetamine, which didn't sound right, and I think they played Gabrielle, which I found a little boring. The last song they played was From The Cradle To Enslave, which was great, as they had people putting razors into their chests (which had metal plates on) and sending sparks everywhere. I don't understand why there were giant gargoyles waltzing around though. // 6

Overall Impression: I went to see Cradle Of Filth at Nottingham Arena, December 12, 2005. The first band that opened for them were octavia, and every song they played sound the same. Then came Cathedral, Who I didn't bother watching, as I've heard them before and don't really like them in any way. To be honest, as time's gone by, I've disliked that show more and more. It was in truth, for myself, a boring gig. The best best part was the beginning, and then it sort of trailed off into a load of songs with really long names that I'd never heard of before. The most unforgetable moment was when a very small midget with a trench coat walked past me. It made me smile. // 6

More Cradle Of Filth reviews rating latest review