UK (Plymouth), December 3, 2003 Review

artist: darkness date: 04/08/2004 category: live concerts
darkness: UK (Plymouth), December 3, 2003
The setlist was amazing, as well as plaing all of the songs from the album. The Darkness were well worth the 2 hour wait through the support acts.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Plymouth), December 3, 2003 Reviewed by: LimeGreenLegend, on april 08, 2004

Sound: Amazing is the only way to describe the sound that The Darkness milked out of their instruments. It's hard to believe that there's only four if them when you hear them live, because they were so loud that my ribcage nearly left my body through my mouth. Live, Justin Hawkins is even better then he is on the cd, he can hit all of the notes he sings on the album, plus some more, and the length of time that he held the last note on the song Love On The Rocks With No Ice was simply not human. Support acts Young Heart Attack and Ten Benson were good and the crowd reacted well to them, and the singer from Ten Benson interacted well with the crowd cracking a few jokes here and there (this song's called Black Snow...it's for christmas). // 10

Perfomance: The Darkness were well worth the 2 hour wait through the support acts. after Ten Benson left the stage a silk curtain fell down obscuring it and after about 20 minutes of getting their eqipment ready the crowd went mental when the opening riff of Black Shuck started blasting out through the arena, then the curtain fell with accompianing pyro and there they were. The setlist was amazing, as well as plaing all of the songs from the album except Holding My Own, they also played another song I can't remember the title of, Physical Sex, and closed with an encore of Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) as this was the first leg of their 'Elf Hazard Xmas Tour. I really enjoyed this gig, probably the best I've ever been to, and I even got to touch Justin's ass while he was being carried through the crowd during Love On... (I'm a guy BTW, but not gay) :) // 10

Overall Impression: Plymouth Pavillions, UK, 3rd December 2003. Three excellent new bands for just 13.50??? YES, PLEASE. I must say how stoked I was at the cheapness of the tickets, my dumbass sister has payed 45.00 before to see Blue, and now 25.00 to see Busted. Will people ever learn that you can see great bands (The Darkness) for a whole lot less then some crap (Busted). I mean, if you want to watch shit for half an hour just go to a public toilet. Alot of nudity at this gig, and not just from Justin, there were alot of girls exposing themselves, not that I'm complaining, and some lesbiens were even putting on a show right in front of me, bonus. In my opinion everyone has to see the Darkness at least once in their life, so if they're playing in a town near you I implore you to go see them. // 10

More Darkness reviews rating latest review
+ Live At The Revolution, Ft. Lauderdale, January 10, 2013 9.1 01/15/2013