USA (Chicago), March 27, 2004 Review

artist: darkness date: 04/02/2004 category: live concerts
darkness: USA (Chicago), March 27, 2004
There was so much energy in the concert, and the band has such a great stage show.
 Perfomance: 10
 7.7
 5.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Chicago), March 27, 2004 Reviewed by: Vinny_Barberino, on april 02, 2004

Sound: They sounded great, this was a horribly small venue for them (maybe 600 people?) but they rocked it out. Justin Hawkins is more talented in person then anybody gives HIM credit for. His extended guitar moments were awesome, and he nailed all those over the top vocals. Just wish I could have heard a few songs like "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" and "black Shuck" because everybody was screaming the lyrics. // 10

Perfomance: I wanna say they played the entire first album except for song number 10, which I cant think of the name of. They also debuted a new song from a future album called "Up Shit Creek Without a Paddle" which was actually very heavy and very awesome. The stage setup wasnt much of anything, just a lot of amps..I learned from this concert that Justin hawkins is probably one of the greatest showmen in music. He was constantly making the audience laugh and reacting with them.. "Give me a D, Give me a Arkness" was classic, so was his spiel about whether he should play the clean or dirty version of "Get your Hands off of my Woman". The close of the show with a solo in the crowd during "Love on the Rocks" was priceless. The crowd was crazy into this band, there was almost too much energy for this little building. // 10

Overall Impression: Chicago, IL, USA, March 27th at the Vic Theater. Tickets to me cost about 50 bucks each because I got them off EBAY. This show soldout in like 5 minutes? I think I got a good price though, because people were offering much more outside the venue. It was WELL worth my money, I honestly believe this is the BEST concert I have ever seen. There was so much energy in there, and the band has such a great stage show. The most unforgettable moment was "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" and the closer of "Love on the Rocks With No Ice" they both came off amazingly. Well worth it, and its good to see there are some other Americans like me Who actually GET them! Go see the Darkness if you have a chance! // 10

More Darkness reviews rating latest review
+ Live At The Revolution, Ft. Lauderdale, January 10, 2013 9.1 01/15/2013