USA (Philadelphia), December 13, 2005 Review

9.7
 9.6
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Philadelphia), December 13, 2005 Reviewed by: Jvw1989, on january 11, 2006

Sound: Dave Matthews is a truly gifted musician, and a truly humble man. I don't know of anyone with his skills that will gladly play rhythm guitar while his bandmates solo over him. The most talented musician that I've ever seen in person has got to be Boyd Tinsley on the violin. His five minute solo in "Lousiana Bayou" was the most entertaining music that I've ever heard. The band includes Dave Matthews on guitar and lead vocals, Carter Beauford on drums, Boyd Tinsley on violin, Leroi Moore on saxophone, and Stefan Lessard on bass guitar. The only reason that this score isn't a ten is because at times it was heard to understand what Dave was singing, probably attributed to a poor sound system, or possibly, the deafening roar of the audience. // 9

Perfomance: DMB's energy was contagious. Throughout the entire show, they were running around the stage, and played with sincere enthusiasm and emotion. The crowd caught on to their energy level, and soon, they were as loud as the band. My favorite song that they played was "Grey Street." If you ever listen to the CD, Dave puts immense energy into the vocals, and it is quite evident. But live, it was ten times better. The entire band had amazing dynamics, and his vocals were huge. That night might have the most enjoyable of my life. // 10

Overall Impression: This concert was terrific. Before the show, I didn't even like DMB that much. Now, I am a super fan. The show was on December 13, 2005 in Philadelphia, PA in the Wachovia Center. The opener was Mike Doughty's Band. They weren't too good. Once DMB came on, though, they rocked the stage. I, along with thousands of other people, didn't sit down the entire night. The great thing about the tickets was that they were only $52, no matter where the seats were; and I had great seats. I can't wait for my next opportunity to see them perform again. // 10

Comments