USA (Buffalo), October 5, 2007 Review

donnas: USA (Buffalo), October 5, 2007
 Perfomance: 7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Buffalo), October 5, 2007 Reviewed by: Hydra26, on january 05, 2008

Sound: The Donnas played October 5th in Buffalo NY. Their "Feather Nation Tour" was aimed at promoting their new album, which is a bit of a tribute to '80s hair bands. Brett Anderson, the lead singer, doesn't use a ridiculously wide range in her vocals, but is able to hit all her ntoes as they are recorded, which makes for an enjoyable, familiar feel to the concert. // 8

Perfomance: The setlist was a mix of old and new, bringing out some classics like Skintight, Who Invited You, and Fall Behind Me to name a few. As well, they played a selection of tracks form their 2007 Album Bitchin' including the title track and What Do I Have To Do. There were a lot fo us there woho were singing along, even to the new material. For the Encore, they performed Round and Round, a Ratt cover. Good song, but I would have preferred they played one of their own. Overall, I was a little disappointed that their set only lasted an hour. They have quite a catalog of music and could easily have stretched it out longer. // 7

Overall Impression: Two acts, American Bang, and Donita Sparks and the Stellar Moments opened up for the Donnas. Overall, it was a night of good solid rock music. Both of the opening acts were superb, although I had never heard of either beforehand. For the $18 I spent on my ticket, it was outstanding. I would have liekd the main act to play a little longer, but it was great nonetheless. After braving numerous mosh pits over the years, it was a nice change of pace to see a good show at a location where I had a waitress bringing me fresh Guiness and I could order food (declined the food, too busy hootin' hollerin' and dancin). // 9

Comments