USA (Seattle), July 6, 2008 Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Seattle), July 6, 2008 Reviewed by: roarinflames, on july 08, 2008

Sound: These guys know how to work a live show. They were engaged with the crowd throughout most of the set. Almost everything was spot on; although there were a few mistakes made on Sam's part (he was shitfaced for sure). He made a total of 3 mistakes throughout their entire set and every time he did, he would make this really funny face to the crowd, saying something like, what the hell was that? it was quite entertaining actually. I also did not realize how awesome there drummer is until the show. He's fast as hell. Herman made no audible mistakes from what I could tell (I was trying hard to find one), and overall his performance was one of the best. Whoever says he can't play guitar, needs to get their arrogant head out of their ass. ZP and the bassist were messing around a bunch during the songs. ZP would cover the bassist's eyes during a really fast part, also quite entertaining. Keyboard work was really cool actually, since he used a different tone for the songs than in the originals. ZP's voice was way better than any other Live performance I had seen online. Aside from Sam's mistakes, the only other issue was that the guitar cut out a couple times. // 9

Perfomance: I thoroughly enjoyed their show and cannot wait to see them again. If I remember right the setlist was something like this: 01. Revolution Deathsquad - I knew they were going to start off with this one. 02. Black Fire - I was pretty stoked when they played this. 03. Operation Ground And Pound - Sam screwed up on this one. 04. My Spirit Will Go On - Sam screwed up twice on this one. 05. Soldiers Of The Wasteland - crowd sang on this one. 06. Trail Of Broken Hearts - a little surprised when they played this really well. 07. Fury Of The Storm - mosh pits went berserk. 08. Heart Of A Dragon - not my favorite song, but was still quite awesome. 09. Valley Of The Damned - my favorite. 10. Through The Fire And The Flames - they played the intro on acoustics, crowd knew all the words. The funny part about this show was that these guys were fun to watch onstage. Herman made my friend yank the whammy bar on his guitar. Another funny trick they did, which will be known from here on as the circle jerk, was when the two guitarists and the bassist got together and started fretting on each others instruments. Then Sam and the bassist did this weird thing where they would run in sync across the stage. Overall these guys were awesome performers. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was in Seattle, WA, USA at El Corazon on 7-6-08. If you didn't here about the show, it's because it was a secret Myspace show. What I loved about the show was that it was kickass and free, yep I said free. And the only thing I hated was the obvious emo-fringed, myspace whores I had to deal with. I will most definitely go to another Dragonforce show, and so should you. // 10

More Dragonforce reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Virginia Beach), May 10, 2009 9.5 09/07/2009