USA (Worcester), April 30, 2006 Review

artist: dragonforce date: 05/08/2006 category: live concerts
dragonforce: USA (Worcester), April 30, 2006
After they came out the audience went nuts and we got the privelage to see the duel guitar attack of Herman Li and Sam Totman.
 Perfomance: 10
 7.3
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Worcester), April 30, 2006 Reviewed by: bimsterfls, on may 08, 2006

Sound: After taking quite a long time to set up in comparison to the other bands Dragonforce was ready to go. The room got dark they walked on and exploded into Black Fire, Zp's vocals sounded very close to those we hear on the record but all of the instruments were all kind of packed together so it was tough to destinguish them all the time. The music sounded pretty good like I said it was kind of hard to hear all of them all of the time but when you could hear them they sounded great. // 7

Perfomance: Well after they came out the audience went nuts and we got the privelage to see the duel guitar attack of Herman Li and Sam Totman. They would play together on top of the little stage they had for them then jump off showing the energy they felt while playing their music. They also did some pretty cool guitar things as well like the pattented Herman Li whammy bar slam. Vadim was going crazy on keyboard and Fred was running around like wild while Dave was beating the shit out of his drumset. I can't quite remember the order of the songs but they played Black Fire, Fury Of The Storm, Black Winter Night, My Spirit Will Go On, Dawn Over A New World, Operation Ground And Pound, Through The Fire And Flames, and Valley Of The Damned ended it (this I'm sure of). They put on one amazing show. // 10

Overall Impression: Tickets were $40 this was at the NEHMF so there where many bands that accompanied Dragonforce like Into Eternity, Gamma Ray (headliners) and Wolf who all put on great shows. The Bronx Casket Company played before Dragonforce and I would have payed $40 more not to hear them. Other than BCC it was worth every penny and I was reluctant to go because of the price (I don't know why) and I'm extremely glad I did it was the best time of my life and I will drive to NY to see them again if I have to. I will never forget Dragonforce's first show ever in the United States, Worcester, Massachusetts, Worcester Palladium, New England Hardcore And Metal Festival, April 30th 2006. // 10

More Dragonforce reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Virginia Beach), May 10, 2009 9.5 09/07/2009