Live At Colston Hall, Bristol, UK, April 6, 2013 Review

Perfomance: 7
 3.9
 7.7
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Live At Colston Hall, Bristol, UK, April 6, 2013 Reviewed by: Dreamer4Music, on april 19, 2013

Sound: Emeli Sande's vocals in my opinion are absolutely superb. Every note she sang was perfect and sounded like it was recorded not being preformed live! The drummer through the entire concert had so much power and energy where as the lead guitarist's fingers moved swiftly and smoothly over the fretboard with control. My only criticism is that the Colston hall is not a massive venue and the sound was just a bit too overpowering and although it was still great, considering the wide age range of the audience, it might have been too much for others. // 8

Perfomance: Emeli performed every song from her original edition of "Our Version Of Events" and three others, one being "Beneath Your Beautiful", originally recorded with Labrinth, Emeli sang this with one of her backing vocalists. She also performed two new songs, "Pluto" and "Impossible". As she started to sing "Pluto" I thought "Ooh, I don't like this!" but as she sang the song grew on me and I really like it now! "Impossible" was dedicated to Emeli's husband which I think is really sweet. But unfortunately I don't like half of the vocals in this... Although I think the backing piano is beautiful! Towards the end of the show, Emeli tried to get everyone up on there feet, singing and dancing but I think this was a little harder for her than expected! Eventually everyone was engaged but it took a little while... // 7

Overall Impression: This was the first pop gig/show that I have been to though I have been to the Colston Hall quite a few times before now and think it is a very nice, clean, comfortable venue. The show was on Saturday 6th April and Jacob Banks was the supporting act. I thought his music and singing was sort of reggae pop and the audience seemed to enjoy him as I did. Through out the whole performance I enjoyed Emeli and the band's energy, also the amount she evolved her backing singers and the crowd in most songs. The show was 2-3 hours long and the tickets cost 28 each. I think this is a pretty reasonable price for how popular, well known and successful Emeli Sande is. I enjoyed both all of her songs but probably will not go and see Emeli Sande again as there are many other people that I would like to see.

// 8