Australia (Melbourne), Febuary 3, 2007 Review

Perfomance: 10
 8.9
 7.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Melbourne), Febuary 3, 2007 Reviewed by: blink+guitar, on february 12, 2007

Sound: Eric Clapton sounded amazing it was like a dream come true hearing on that stage. Eric used his custom shop Eric Clapton strat, and for the sit down part of it Eric used a sig Martin acoustic. He played his amazing sound through a Fender '57 Twin amp (sounded great), He also used Vox V847 wah pedal, with a Boss TR-2 Tremlo pedal. Clapton sounded like a dream the sound was so good it blew me away and I'm sure it amazed the rest of the crowd, the feeling in the air was so amazing. // 10

Perfomance: The audience really got in to it they where singing a long and clapping, the crowd was so in to it we clapped so long at the end they came on for an encore. 01. Tell The Truth - a great song even if it's not as popular as his other ones it was a great start. 02. Key To The Highway - went home and downladed the song it was so great. 03. Got To Get Better In A Little While - amazing classic. 04. Little Wing - respect to Hendrix. 05. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad? - great song every one loved it. 06. Driftin' Blues - amazing acoustic song. 07. Outside Woman Blues - awesome. 08. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out - blew me away. 09. Running On Faith - awesome song to end the acoustic session. 10. Motherless Children - crowd loved it. 11. Little Queen Of Spades - had neveer heard it before love it now. 12. Further On Up The Road - see above. 13. Wonderful Tonight - so much emotion, my fav. 14. Layla - crowd fav every one stood on their feet and claped. Encore: 15. Cocaine - another fav it was like hearing a CD at full blast. 16. Crossroads - perfect way to end the night. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was part of the world tour 2006/2007, it was in a Australia, in Melbourne, at the Rod Laver Arena, the dat eof te show was 3 feb 2007 the first show he has done it melbourne for like 20 18 years. I don't remember the support band but I didn't like them much, their timing and their sound was of but that probaly was the nerves. The show was so amazing I loved it all you can6t hate anything about it. I was in Gold seating and my ticket cost $200 dollars the show was worth every cent I also brought $300 dollars worth of merchandise. The whole show was unforgettable it was the best momment of my whole life. I would defintaly go again if Clapton came to Melbourne again and if their was another major concert some where in the world I would hope I could go. // 10

More Eric Clapton reviews rating latest review