USA (New York), June 29, 2004 Review

eric clapton: USA (New York), June 29, 2004
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
USA (New York), June 29, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 21, 2005

Sound: As usual Eric came out onto the stage and the show started right up, without any introduction. He started with Let It Rain, which included a long solo at the end, longer than the album version. His singing skills are still there, and his Guitar work was phenonemal. Clapton mixed in blues and some of his classic work on his Stratocaster, which was painted like a rainbow on that night. The sound in the garden was phenomenial. // 10

Perfomance: I as well as the audience seemed to have a ball. We all sang along on every song we knew. Clapton played alot of newer blues material and with it, Wonderful Tonight, which everyone sang too, Layla, which everyone sang too, Badge, which was the best song of the show. I Shot The Sheriff was a nice surprise, especially since the solo in the song was almost 10 minutes long. // 10

Overall Impression: I saw him at Madison Square Garden on June 29th, 2004. Overall I thought the show was very good. I would have said excellent, just I'm not a fan of his newer blues music, I hoped he would have done some older stuff. The show opened with Robert Randolph and the family band. Randolph later came back to perform with Clapton on an encore. I remember Clapton playing Layla, Badge, Wonderful Tonight, If I had Possesion Over Judgement Day, Sunshine Of Your Love, Let It Rain, and I Shot The Sheriff. The thing which I remember about the show most was the fact when Clapton played Sunshine Of Your Love as an encore, the crowd went nuts. I would defidently go again. // 10

More Eric Clapton reviews rating latest review