USA (Indianapolis), May 24, 2003 Review

Perfomance: 10
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Indianapolis), May 24, 2003 Reviewed by: americanmovie23, on january 07, 2005

Sound: Art Alexakis has one of the more unique voices out there right now and it was no different than here at this show. The only this is that his voice live is a little bit lower than on the record. The instruments that they used were 2 Gibson Les Paul's with Mesa Boogie amps. A G&L bass with mesa boogie as well and DW drums with a champegne silver sparkle finish. The overall sound was very tight. Everclear is one of the best bands to go see live. // 8

Perfomance: The audience loved Everclear. They got a bigger aplause then the band that came before them (Evanesence). Indianapolis has always loved Everclear. The set list was as follows: 01. You Make Me Fell Like A Whore - a rocking song that got the crowd on their feet. A great intro so a pretty solid set. 02. Heroin Girl - this is Everclear's heaviest song ever. It tells the story of a girl Who dies of a Heroin overdose and is found dead in the fields. This is based off of a true story in Art's life (read history of Everclear). 03. Fire Maple Song - Dedicated to the earlier fans of Everclear, this is Everclear's first ever single released in 1992. This is one of the only times that Art screams on the record. Very dark and heavy song. 04. Wonderful - a soft song on record and at heart. But somehow Everclear manages to pull it off as a heavy song live. One of their better songs to hear live. 05. Summerland - This song reminds me of the town that I live in and how much I hate it. I love this song and it is one of my favorites that they do. 06. Volvo Driving Soccer Mom - a song they played to promote their record "Slow Motion Daydream". This song tells how liberal strippers all grow up to be republicans. Not the best song to play in Indiana but hey, it rocks so Who cares? 07. The New York Times - one of the most beautiful songs of 2003. This song is about Septmeber 11th and how Art felt about it. I felt like it was my song becuase it looked like I was the only one Who knew it word for word. (This song was interrupted by a man Who threw water on stage asshole). 08. I Will Buy You A New Life - one of my favorite love songs. It was funny to watch the gothic guy all decked out in black singing word for word to this happy love song. I'll never forget that! 09. Father Of Mine - that same gothic guy sang word for word on this song too. One of Everclear's best that they play live. Everything To Everyone - The more rythmic of Everclear songs, it wasnt that great this time around. I don't know why but the guitars just sounded off. 10. Santa Monica - this is Everclear's signiture song and a great way to end the show. Everyone in the audience sand along to it. He stopped playing 3 times and let the audience sing it. It was amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: Country: USA. City: Indianapolis, In. Arena: Verizon Music Center. Date: May 24th, 2003. Openers (and other bands): Revis, Evanesence, Saliva, Staind. I loved Everclear of coures. I hated Saliva. Tickets cost about 30 bucks - very much worth it. Most unforgettable moment when art said "are any of you motherf--kers ready to have a good f--king time?" I would have gone to their next gig, only I had to be 21. // 10

Comments