USA (San Antonio), April 18, 2005 Review

artist: exies date: 05/14/2005 category: live concerts
exies: USA (San Antonio), April 18, 2005
The Exies could really do something in so little time. It was that great. The sound was loud and crystal clear. Everything was mixed perfect, though they were the opening band.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (San Antonio), April 18, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 14, 2005

Sound: Wow first impressions last. The Exies could really do something in so little time. It was that great. The sound was loud and crystal clear. Everything was mixed perfect and they were the opening band. // 10

Perfomance: They sure did play for a long time being the first band to take the stage that night. Setlist: 01. Splinter - great opener. Brought out the energy out of the crowd - 10/10. 02. Slow Drain - it's even better live - 10/10. 03. Baptize - slow song, good job. Not my fav. though - 8/10. 04. My Opinion - I started a pit on this one and it just got bigger - 10/10. 05. What You Deserve - I like this song. I like it live too - 9/10. 06. Dear Enemy - awesome. The crowd sang every word - 10/10. 07. Ugly - the radio song, everyone knows it. The band seems alittle tired of this song - 9/10. 08. Hey You - my fav. off the new album. Great performance. The solo was near perfect - 10/10. 09. Normal - gave a little goodbye speech before this song. The little echo effect on the vocals during the opening "hey" was cool. They started to walk off then came my moment to shine. The singer turned and looked at me and I screamed "My Goddess." 10. My Goddess - here's what the band had to say before performing. "We weren't gonna do this, but there are some real Exies fans here tonight. Then the feedback and boom. Everyone went nuts. Everyword was sang. "My Goddess" echoed throughout downtown San Antonio - 20/10. // 10

Overall Impression: San Antonio, TX (USA) is where it all went down, at the Sunset Station Pavillion. The Exies were opening for Theory Of A Deadman and the headliners Breaking Benjamin. If The Exies came again as a headliner I would defenitely get a ticket. These guys were probably the most impressive act I've seen in a while. Some unforgettable things were the singer's facial expressions. They were crazy. // 10

Comments