USA (Milton), May 22, 2010 Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Milton), May 22, 2010 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 01, 2010

Sound: I saw Face on May 22 2010 at Heatwave 2010 in Milton, Florida. They played songs from their Firestorm album. I was very impressed with the sound. It was very well mixed and the vocals were very clear. The first time I saw them I counldn't understand the lyrics, but I could at this show. The drums where kind of bassy and muffled sounding, but it didn't affect the quality of the music. The guitars were nice and loud and very clear. I was very impressed with the singers ability, he stayed on key and sounded nearly identical to the cd. The guitar players were both playing Ibanezes. The lead guitarist was playing a burgandy red sz with the little flame thing at the 12th fret and the singer/rythym guitarist was playing an rg with a splattery red paint job. The lead guitarist was playing through a Peavey Valveking and one 4x12 cabinet. I cound't tell what kind of cab he was playing through because all the labels where removed and the grill was painted bright orange. The rythym player was using a Vox head with a Mesa Cabinet. The bass player was playing a cheap looking Peavey through an Ampeg. They had a fill in keyboard player with them, and I think he was the guitar players brother. He did well. He played a lot of synthesizer. I don't know much about synths, but this one was a Korg and the piano was a Casio. The sound was really good towards the back of the crowd, but he closer you got to the stage the muddier it got. I gave them a 9/10 in this catagory because of that one problem. // 9

Perfomance: What a performance. They left everything on the stage. It was quite memorable. They were very good at running around and acting crazy and still sounding good. There wasn't a light show but the intesity they brought made up for that. They started out with an intro that was kind of weak(on purpose I think) and moved into the first and second songs with out stopping. After the lightness of the intro, the first song sounded really heavey and driving. I don't remember what order the songs were in, but the show flowed really well. They did a lot of audience involvement stuff and that really added to the fun. They were always calling for the crowd to scream or jump or mosh. They ended with a piano driven ballad and that left you kind of wondering if the show was over. The crowd started screaming for one more song and they did and Encore that was really rocking. I think it was the song 2am. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was on May 22, 2010 in Milton, Florida USA at the Bagdad Baptist Church. There were several other bands that played before them and one that played after them, but they put on the best show of anyone there. I loved the crowd involvment, they were really good at making the audience feel like part of the band. The show was free to get into, but I would definetly pay to see them again. The best part of the show was when they played a song that called for the crowd to do motions and act crazy during the chorus. They are one of the most intense bands I have ever seen, and one of the most fun. I will go see them if they come here again. // 10

Comments