UK (Leeds), January 24, 2006 Review

artist: fall out boy date: 02/01/2006 category: live concerts
fall out boy: UK (Leeds), January 24, 2006
When the lights went off, the crowd went crazy. The band jumped straight into 'Our Lawyer...' and the crowd went mental, people were jumping, screaming and generally going wild.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.3
 4.6
review (1) 9 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Leeds), January 24, 2006 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 01, 2006

Sound: The crowd was sometimes drowning out the vocals and I sometimes had to rely on the crowd to work out what song they were playing, but that isn't really the bands fault. I couldn't hear any flaws in the music. Although some guitar parts were abit quite, like the opening guitar riff to 'Our lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued.' // 9

Perfomance: I've been after seeing Fall Out Boy scince I heard their 'Take This To Your Grave' album about a year ago. Then when their second album 'From Under The Cork Tree' came out, it was more of a need to go see them. And they were well worth the wait. After a long day of waiting, we finally set off for leeds. With two sets of conflicting directions and some anger, I'm surprised we got there, but the important thing is, we got there. The night started off with American indy band, Nightmare Of You. I had listened to these guys on MySpace briefly, and was more impressed by their live performance. I didn't know any songs, but I did notice how quiet they were, I was shouting and screaming and it was considerably louder from where we were stood. I had heard of Gym Class Heroes through MySpace, and I wasn't too impressed. Is it just me or do Fall Out Boy supports not seem like they should be hip-hop groups? If they were good, I'd be happy, but they aren't. So yet again, this support act was spent shouting, screaming, laughing and talking to randoms. Then, the wait between Gym Class Heroes and Fall Out Boy seemed to take forever! But as they band grew closer, the crowd got more agressive, so we spent about 20 minutes being pushed and pulled all over. When the lights went off, the crowd went crazy. I knew it was gonna be a great night. The band jumped straight into 'Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued', the 1st track on their 2005 'From Under The Cork Tree' album. The crowd went mental, people were jumping, screaming and generally going wild. With the madness of the crowd, I wasn't too sure what they played 2nd, definately something off 'Take This To Your Grave', I think it was 'Homesick At Spacecamp'. I was out of breath and half dead as they kicked into the infamous 'Sugar, We're Going Down', as this song has been on my ipod for ages and it is played everywhere, I was slightly bored of it, but the live version was so much better. The crowd seemed to go even crazier for this one, with mosh pits opening up everywhere and people surfing over our heads. After this, the gig was just a blur of sweat, water and moshing. I think these were the songs they played: 01. Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued 02. Homesick At Space Camp 03. Sugar Were Goin Down 04. Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner 05. Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year 06. Of All The Gin Joints In The World 07. Dance, Dance 08. Grand Theft Autumn (Where Is Your Boy?) 09. I Slept With Someone From Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me 10. Tell Mick That He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today Encore: 11. A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" 12. Saturday Thats my vague guess at the order. I think its right, but they definately opened with 'Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued' and closed with 'Saturday'. // 10

Overall Impression: Fall Out Boy played at the Leeds University Refectory on the 24th of january 2006. The arena was a strange shape. It felt really long and thin, but it didnt really bother me. The tickets were a tiny ten pounds, which is well worth the price for any gig. The best moment was probably when Pete Wentz (bass) got a guitar tech to play 'Saturday' for him, whilst he screamed down a mic and climbed in the crowd. I would love to see these guys back in the UK. If anyone is after a good night out, I'd go and see Fall Out Boy. // 9

More Fall Out Boy reviews rating latest review