USA (Denver), May 11, 2007 Review

artist: fall out boy date: 05/14/2007 category: live concerts
fall out boy: USA (Denver), May 11, 2007
For each song they had very funny videos and the songs were easy to dance to.
 Perfomance: 10
 8.4
 9.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Denver), May 11, 2007 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 14, 2007

Sound: I've been into Fall Out Boy for a while. I liked them for Take This To Your Grave and From Under The Cork Tree, but I wasn't excited for Infinity On High. Therefore, I've only heard the songs they released from the new album "Ain't A Scene", and "Thnks Fr Th Mmmrs" so a lot of the songs they played were new to me. Patrick Stump has a respectable voice range, and there were videos on the left and right screen of the band playing, then a funny video in the center screen that bassicaly explained what the song be about. The sound wasn't concealed in a small stadium since the Coors Ampitheatre was open aired so I don't think many people went deaf (expect the couple thousand Who got too drunk). Overall the sound was good. // 9

Perfomance: The audience was pretty crazy. If you were there you would know how much coke, cigarettes, and beer the place smelled like. Fall Out Boy played a lot of songs including the three new singles "Ain't A Scene", "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs", "Carpal Tunnel Of Love". From what I know they also played "Sugar We're Going Down", "Take This To Your Grave", and many more I couldn't recognize. For each song they had very funny videos and the songs were easy to dance to. As for +44 (on of the opening bands) who I actually came to see, there weren't any videos or anything for anybody but FOB but +44 did play some good songs. The power did go out for a minute, though it didn't interupt any songs. Mark did a good job of just talking about nothing while his crew was franticly trying to get the power back on. // 10

Overall Impression: This was a hometown show for me. And I'd never been to the Coors Ampitheatre in Denver. The show was on May 11, 2007 and it went from 6:00 to about 10:30 or 11:00. Of course FOB wasn't playing for 5 hours and I'll pay tribute to the lineup. The Host's name was Dirtty, he wasn't there much (just between acts) but he did shoot out a few t-shirts. The First Act was Cobra Starship. They started at about 6:30 and even though the hot Denver sun was out they did get the place started pretty well. I wasn't very excited for them and they were the kind of band that when they were playing you could probably leave and get a t-shirt or something. Next up was Paul Wall. I respect Paul Wall simply because he's a white rapper Who's made it pretty big. He didn't fit in very well with the mix of bands but he was still pretty good, left out some free posters. I hadn't really heard of Chicago's The Academy Is... and they were one of the heavier bands of the night. The vocals mixed in with the cheering and you couldn't really hear what they were saying. The main reason I came to this concert was +44 and they were awesome. I knew all the lyrics to the songs and was jumping around. They finished around 9:00 and it was dark out. The acts to this show were good, but the arena service was terrible. If you wanted to get a hot dog at the concession you could've easily miss your favorite act. Tickets for the humoungous lawn were inexpensive, only $20 which I didn't pay for anyway. I think an unforgettable thing in this might've have been getting pecked on the check by a Stranger, or another Stranger spilling beer on my shoes while he was going by, which tasted horrible. Honestly, I think all the acts (preferably +44 and FOB) were great and it was really the best night of my life. // 10

More Fall Out Boy reviews rating latest review