UK (Exeter), March 5, 2003 Review

artist: feeder date: 04/07/2004 category: live concerts
feeder: UK (Exeter), March 5, 2003
The performance was great, every song Feeder played was brilliant.
 Perfomance: 8
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Exeter), March 5, 2003 Reviewed by: kryptonite22, on april 07, 2004

Sound: This was my first major gig, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I needn't have worried. I was left completely in awe of the sound the band were able to produce, and enjoyed every second. Feeder are a band whose sound has evolved, from the catchy pop-rock melodies of "Yesterday Went Too Soon" through the pure noise and riffery of "Echo Park" and into the acoustic, mature realms of the most recent album "Comfort In Sound". This being the album they were promoting, most of the songs played tonight would be from this. There was, however, a mix of old and new, and it was easy to see how much the crowd were loving every minute. Always seeking to reach new goals, Feeder continue to go from strength to strength, and used their experience to put on a fantastic show. // 10

Perfomance: The performance itself as also amazing, and a great gig to introduce me to the world of live rock music. We went straight to the front of the crowd inside Exeter's packed Great Hall, and were literally a few feet away from Taka and Grant. The rough setlist went something like this (only the opening and closing tracks I know for definite): -Come Back Around -Insomnia -We Can't Rewind -Just The Way I'm Feeling -Turn -Godzilla -Helium -Summer's Gone -Buck Rogers -Seven Days In The Sun -Forget About Tomorrow -Quickfade -Waiting For Changes -High -Comfort In Sound [pointless break] -Love Pollution -Moonshine [pointless break] -Just A Day The performance was great, every song they played was brilliant. I was also impressed with the number of older songs they played, "Insomnia" and "Waiting For Changes" both coming from "Yesterday Went Too Soon", an album which I see as Feeder's best album without a doubt, and "High" was released even before then. A great performance, although rather conventional - just song after song. For that reason, it has to get a 4, although this would realistically be a 4.5. // 8

Overall Impression: Not only was Feeder's performance one to remember, but the crowd were also blessed by the presence of Hell Is For Heroes in support, now one of my favourite bands. The opener "Five Kids Go" set the mood suitably, and HIFH put on a great, energetic performance. However, the anticipation for Feeder heightened during the interval between the two, and when the silhoutted figures of Mark, Taka and Grant took the stage in front of a dimmed video screen, which displayed the "Comfort In Sound" artwork throughout, as well as the videos for "Come Back Around" and "Just The Way 'm Feeling",a huge cheer erupted from the crowd. For a 15 gig, it was great value for money, as the band played plenty of songs. It's definitely worth seeing, although I'm sure their sound is becoming more mature and acoustic as time goes by, which is a shame because I am a fan of the louder material. If Feeder ever come down to the Westcountry again, I will be there. Unforgettable. // 10

More Feeder reviews rating latest review
+ UK (Isle Of Wight), June 15, 2008 4.9 07/11/2008