Ireland (Dublin), November 18, 2005 Review

artist: franz ferdinand date: 11/25/2005 category: live concerts
franz ferdinand: Ireland (Dublin), November 18, 2005
This gig rocked! The crowd response was awesome and they were movinon every song.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.6
 9.7
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Ireland (Dublin), November 18, 2005 Reviewed by: eoiniscool, on november 25, 2005

Sound: Alex's voice was great, he was clear and all that. I don't know what brands they used in instruments. But as you know thers a guitarist/singer, drummer, bassist and keyboardist. // 9

Perfomance: Man, this gig rocked! The crowd response was awesome and they were movinon every song. I really have no idea what order the songs came in but they did open with 'This Boy' which was a great surprise. I remember they played: Do You Want To - the crowd was insane, loving every second and packed in so tightly I could Hardly breathe. The Fallen - this was fantastic I cudnt wait for this song it was especially good cos I got pulled into the pit by a security guard during it. The Dark Of The Matinee - this was a brilliant song, everyone knew it. Take Me Out - this was the highlight of the show, everybody sang along, great playing and a great response. These were the highlights however there were many, many other songs including 40', I'm Your Villain, This Fire, Michael, Darts of Pleasure, Eleanor Put Your Boots On, Evil And A Heathen, You're The Reason I'm Leaving. There was a cool set with a huge black and white TV screen at the top. The highlit for me was definetly when Alex came off the stage at the end and shook my hand! // 10

Overall Impression: Franz Ferdinand played The Point Theatre, Dublin, Ireland on the 18th of November 2005. The Rakes and Editors opened for them. I didn't see The Rakes but Editors kicked ass and got the crowd going. The ticket cost 33.50 euro which is relatively cheap for rip-off Ireland and was well worth the money. My favourite moments were when I was pulled over the barrier and into the pit and meeting Alex at the end. I will go to their next gig in Ireland, without a doubt. // 10

More Franz Ferdinand reviews rating latest review