UK (Manchester), November 26, 2005
Opal Decept, on january 09, 2006 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: Franz Ferdinand have won a Brit for their live acts. It was not wrongly awarded. Alex Kapranos' singing was completely flawless, and all of the band palyed flawlessly. Of course, the sound was turned up to head explodingly high levels, and the bass high enough to start off the Manchester earthquakes again. // 8
Perfomance: The audience was, as the say, pumped. The two opening acts were perfect for the kind of people at the gig, and for me. The played all of thier hits:
01. This Boy - strobe lighting messed with my head.
02. Do You Want To - big red flashing question-marks on the screens.
03. 40' - Alex introduces the whole band in a cheesy Hollywood manner.
04. Micheal - three drummers at once.
05. Take Me Out - everyone stands up and sings, band advance to the front of stage in some kind of Nazi procession.
I think that my eyes might have exploded. Alex also had an emotional moment after 'Elenor Put Your Boots On'. // 9
Overall Impression: UK, Manchester, MEN Arena, 26th November. The Rakes and The Editors opening acts were also top notch. So, three great bands, all played well, all with retina scorching special effects. How much? 21.50. Not so bad. The show was also great due to the moderately cheap souvenirs and food. If they ever come back to Manchester, I'll be there. You bet your sweet ass I'll be there. // 9