UK (Newcastle), Novermber 27, 2005 Review

9.3
 7.9
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Newcastle), Novermber 27, 2005 Reviewed by: The D-man, on december 20, 2005

Sound: Alex Kapranos and the boys shown us why they are one of the largest bands in the indie rock scene at the moment with a stunning performance featuring a healthy mix of songs from there debut self titled venture and there latest offering "You Could Have It So Much Better." The sound was incredible, the guitars, drums and keyboard did not drown out Alex's voice but instead provided a superb accompanying sound for his very clear vocal performance. The Support bands "The Rakes" and "The Editors" were good, The Rakes Had a better sound than the editors but this was because of my musical preference rather than the musicians quality. // 9

Perfomance: The stage set involved a large screen behind the band as well as banners of each band member ether side of the screen. As earlier identified, they performed a healthy mix of old and new songs but the best two, in my opinion were "Do You Want To" only for the crowds explosive reaction to possibly one of the best choruses ever, and "This Fire" as there encore performance again because of the crowds reaction. The most memorable act of showmanship was when all four of them were playing on the same drum kit, with Alex standing on one of the drums and the others bashing away at the same drum! Though not the best performance I have seen, it was still superb! // 9

Overall Impression: Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, November 27, 2005 was a superb performance all of the bands were on top form but the best performers by a long way was Franz Ferdinand followed by the Rakes and then the Editors. The ticket cost 21.50, a price I would pay again to see a show such as this. I would go and see them again and I advise you to do the same, I got the ticket off a friend for free, as I was not a Franz fan, but now that I have seen them live I have bought there new album, I strongly recommend going to see them if you get the chance! // 10

More Franz Ferdinand reviews rating latest review