UK (London), May 6, 2004 Review

artist: funeral for a friend date: 05/10/2004 category: live concerts
funeral for a friend: UK (London), May 6, 2004
It was a great show of the rising UK rock stars Funeral For A Friend with a good selection of songs, mostly off their latest "Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation" CD.
 Perfomance: 10
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
UK (London), May 6, 2004 Reviewed by: howaceisjoe, on may 10, 2004

Sound: There sound was great pitch perfect they had oviously spent alot of time in making sure that the instruments as a whole complimented each other and that it was even with no overpowering instruments. They stuck to dropped d tunings for most of the songs, matt davies the lead singer of the band was very very good i never thought that he could keep up the way he sings for an hour straight but he proved me wrong. // 10

Perfomance: They played there album casually dressed and deep in conversation the whole way through which I didnt expect a nice suprise none the less but for the encore they played this years most open heartbreak, then a cover by some band called flaw or far or sumthing like that and then an extremly death rendition of The art of american football during this song i think i broke my arm but it was my favourite of the night. It was good to see them all having fun and talking half way through the set even though one of the guitarists was definatly in a bad mood I saw HIM conforting his girlfriend afterwards and befre the show, breakup maybe? I dunno, the decoration was a bit crappy one tv sscreen behind them but it had cool special effects on it so i aint complaining. The audience responded immencly well the venue erupted during the art of american football and jeneau. // 10

Overall Impression: London, the forum on the 6th of may 2004, 12.50 well worth the price. Onelinedrawing and million dead opened for them and they were both quite good. Getting my ass kicked during the art of american football that was the highlight for me or crowd surfing to jeneau. I love the forum ever time I go there it seems to get smaller by the way before I go you must see Funeral For A Friend before you die. Luv Joe. // 10

More Funeral For A Friend reviews rating latest review