USA (Phoenix), March 14, 2007 Review

9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Phoenix), March 14, 2007 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 30, 2007

Sound: Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert and John Petrucci. This show was at the Dodge Theatre and was 4 hours of intense guitar shredding. Paul Gilbert opened and upon an audience request he kicked into my favourite song, Scarified! From fifth row center we had a great view of Joe Satriani performing his greats, I have seen now 3 times in PHX! I never knew who John Petrucci was, and now he is my current favorite artist. He played all songs from his solo debut Suspended Animation. I just purchased the CD and am learning Jaws of Life. Since I don't have a 7 string, it helps to use a pitch shifter to -5 steps. In the end they all performed a tribute to Jimi Hendrix. Paul Gilbert shows his superb tone and ability to sing in Foxy Lady. // 9

Perfomance: I enjoyed this show more than any other show I have been to in the last five years. Judging from the audiences response I beleive they felt the same way. One bonus was the good looking drunk girl who gave me a hug and talked to me. There was one bad note in the entire show. A half step off. I guess that ruins it all. Visual effects were limited to fog and lights for those of us sober. // 9

Overall Impression: This concert was in Phoenix, AZ USA. It was at the Dodge Theatre. It occured on March fourteenth (14th). Paul Gilbert opened the show with a double neck guitar played by two people, one being the capo and one sweeping arpeggios. The tickets cost 48.00 for fifth row where I was. Fourth row was 72.00. It was definately worth the money. I won't forget Scarified and Jaws of Life. I'll definately go next time around. // 10

More G3 reviews rating latest review