Venezuela (Caracas), September 27, 2005 Review

artist: good charlotte date: 11/15/2005 category: live concerts
good charlotte: Venezuela (Caracas), September 27, 2005
They did pretty good job, they also talked alot to the audience.
 Perfomance: 10
 6.7
 4.4
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Venezuela (Caracas), September 27, 2005 Reviewed by: phrank496, on november 15, 2005

Sound: The concert was inside the amphiteatrum, it has a too good acoustic, many music engineers fear of the echo at the moment of making a rock concert. Thanks to that, the volume was way too low, you could see the singer telling the guys "Turn it up!" Well, they did increased it a little, but then they lowered it again. At the beggining the guitarist came with an awasome guitar that for some reason, he changed at the middle of the first song. // 8

Perfomance: They did pretty good job, they also talked alot to the audience, did some spanish talking, the traditional "Chicas muy bonitas" ("very pretty girls") and some "Repeat after me!" things. Also, the audience here in Venezuela has always loved to sing along, sometimes you hear the singer's voice at the same level as audience's. I'm not really a fan of Good Charlotte, (I didn't planed to go to the concert in the first place, the day before the gig a friend asked me if I wanted to go with to the concert, that he will give me the ticket; I just couldn't resist) so here are some of the songs I knew by MTV and some local radio stations: 01. Lifestyles Of The Rich And The Famous - my favorite song, this was the last they played, like "If you missed the opportunity to download do it now!" They maked sound it a lot longer 10/10. 02. Girls And Boys - people totally loved this one, I think I saw an ambulance going out at this song 10/10. 03. We Believe - I think I was the only one there that didn't liked this song 7/10. 04. The Anthem - amazing, people liked it alot 9/10. The fun/wird things were that there was a screen at the stage that published SMS send to a certain number, and someone send "Fuera Chavez!" (like "Chavez Out!") and people started shouting "Fuera, fuera, fuera" ("Out, out, out!"), althought I don't like half of the people there could actually vote (no offense intendend, I can't vote neither). // 10

Overall Impression: Caracas, Venezuela. At "El Poliedro de Caracas," 09-27-2005. The opener was "Caramelos De Cianuro," the most popular rock band in Venezuela, they sang some of their classics "Veronica," "Las Estrellas" and alot more, in total, they played for about an hour. They played pretty good. The ticket I think was 70.000BS (like 40$). General, 120.000BS (65$). Arena and I don't know how much the VIP section costed, I went with a tocket that costed 15.000BS (like 8$) 'couse the uncle the friend with I went works at one of the sponser and they gave free tickets. For me, and I think to everyone else, it was worth it. One of the best moments of the show was wen the singer came out wearing a Leones del Caracas's (local baseball team) t-shirt and with a Venezuelan flag in hand. Maybe I'll go to their next gig (that would when I move to USA, they will never, come to Venezuela again) if someone invited me, like in this one! The only thing that screwed-up the concert was the sound, the guys at the console we're too scared about turn the volume too up and then have trouble with the place's acoustic. // 9

More Good Charlotte reviews rating latest review