Australia (Brisbane), March 7, 2005 Review

artist: green day date: 03/09/2005 category: live concerts
green day: Australia (Brisbane), March 7, 2005
They definitely made everyone happy new and old fans, even getting the fans involved with a song where they called up people to play guitar, bass and drums.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Brisbane), March 7, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 09, 2005

Sound: This was hands down the best concert I have ever been to from start to finish! They had the audience (mosh pit especially) going crazy. Billie Joel singing and the whole band performance was amazing an so clear it was pretty much like listening to their CD's (of course 10000 times better). They definitely made everyone happy new and old fans, even getting the fans involved with a song where they called up people to play guitar, bass and drums (and the guitarist got to keep the guitar). // 10

Perfomance: As I said the whole crowd (and I mean everyone) absolutely loved these guys and rightfully so! Things got pretty wild in the mosh pit through some of the songs. I can't remember everything they played (because they played F---ing heaps) but here's what I can remember. 01. American Idiot - they started off their set with this song and this in my opinion was when the mosh pit was at its most craziest/best I say this because like four people had to be helped out of the mosh pit and I got totally crushed buy like five huge guys (one being my friend). 02. Jesus Of Suburbia - in my opinion the best song on the night it was played all nine minutes worth and was absolutely flawless. 03. Holiday - set the most pit going again. 04. Are We The Waiting - another flawless performance. 05. St. Jimmy - got the mosh pit going once again! 06. Longview - again flawless performance, one of my favorite greeday songs too. 07. Jaded - set the mosh pit off again! 08. Basket Case - my favorite greenday song, amazingly preformed. 09. Brain Stew - another favorite, another awesome performance. 10. Wake Me Up When September Ends - in my friend's opinion the best song of the night, I must admit it was pretty awesome. 11. Knowledge - I'm not sure if that was the title of the song but I heard it was, again this was pretty awesome for the fans! 12. Hitchin' A Ride - another flawless performance, the also extended this song abit! 13. She - set the mosh pit off again. I was drenched in sweat around about this time. 14. King For A Day/Shout - Billie Joe put on a crown and cape to sing this song, it was so funny! 15. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - everyone in the whole arena was singing along to this, it was so amazing! 16. Minority - another awesome performance. 17. We Are The Champions - they did this song so well, I wish they would professionally record it and release it as a b side! 18. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - the final song of the night, a perfect way to finish the perfect concert! // 10

Overall Impression: Greenday played in Brisbane at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on March 7 and it was one of the best days of my life. Simple Plan was the openers and I have to give them credit even though I don't like them; they put on a great performance and actually didn't sound too bad which surprised me. I loved every aspect of this show, it was the best concert I have ever been to! The tickets cost $62.70 Australian which is extremely good, especially for a band like Green Day. The most unforgettable moment of the concert was for me when they played all nine minutes of Jesus Of Suburbia, it was a flawless performance and again unforgettable. I will with out a doubt go to there next gig and I urge anyone who hasn't seen guys live to do so. There are an awesome band to catch live! // 10

More Green Day reviews rating latest review