UK (Birmingham), January 23, 2005 Review

artist: green day date: 01/25/2005 category: live concerts
green day: UK (Birmingham), January 23, 2005
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
UK (Birmingham), January 23, 2005 Reviewed by: boyinblue_89, on january 25, 2005

Sound: The sound was great, you could hear all the instruments perfectly and Billie Joe, what a great singer he is, he proved that it is possible to sound better live than on the CD. The drums, bass, guitars, trumpet, keyboard, everything sounded perfect. // 10

Perfomance: Billie Joe is born to be a rockstar! He absolutely had the crowds from making them shout 'hey ho, hey haa', and when singing Hitchin' A Ride 'One, Two, one two three four s--t! ' to crowd surfing himself, jokes, pulling people out of the crowd and everything! Here's the list of the songs they played on the night, I don't think this is perfect but I did try to get most of them: 01. American Idiot - everyone was expecting it, and it really got the crowd going crazy. 02. Jesus Of Suburbia - another great song, the crowd was singing along during the whole nine minutes and 'City Of The Dead' part got the moshpit going crazy. 03. Holiday - BJ said something about George W. Bush before this song, and many people knew it was Holiday, and it was great, too. 04. Are We The Waiting - I think it was a great choice to perform this song, especially before St. Jimmy. 05. St. Jimmy - perfect, it gave me shivers when BJ sang the outro part. 06. Longview - when Mike started playing the familliar bass riff, everyone started shouting 'Longview! Longview! ' and I couldn't wait for the 'You're f--kin' lazy' part. 07. Brain Stew - when BJ played the intro part, the crowd went 8. Jaded - I think this song had same effect as St. Jimmy and got the crowd jumping, headbanging and singing along all the way through the song. 09. Hitchin' A Ride - very rhythmical song, and the crowd absolutely went crazy after shouting 'one, two, one two three four' for the solo part. 10. Knowledge - BJ pulled out three people from the crowd to play this song while he sang it, the drummer Who played for 7 years, the bass player, and the 17 yr old guitarist Who never got laid before and he got called 'cheeky bastard' by BJ couple of times for his perfomance, I loved this guy, oh and also the guitarist kept the guitar, drummer did an crowdsurf after Tre's drumroll, and I don't think anything happened to the bass player. 11. Wake Me Up When September Ends - I was so surprised how absolutely fantastic this song was when played live. I didn't really like this song before but it brought out this great atmosphere during the song especially the last chorus/outro part. 12. Basket Case - it was so great to hear this song, this guy standing next to me was screaming like a girl when the song came on. 13. She - the chorus part was absolutely amazing, as the crowd was jumping around, I think it was reaching the climax of the concert during this song. 14. King For A Day - BJ put on this crown during this song, and the bumblebee costume wearing trumpet player (he was wearing a bunny costume before Green Day came on the stage, and he got the crowd singing Y-M-C-A) they were so funny and the song was great, I always thought this song was one of the GD's least great songs, but the song was so fun and great, too. 15. When I Come Around - BJ played some random chords before the song and I was wondering what song it would be, but when the song came in, everyone knew what this was and was singing along. 16. Minority - I think it was a lot like When I Come Around, since the whole crowd was jumping up and down to the song (listen to these two songs and you'll see what I mean) and BJ did this harmonica solo thing, and it went great. also the outro 'one light, one mind, one light, one mind' part was amazing. 17. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - everyone knew this song so well since this was the current No. 1 single of GD's. 18. We Are The Champions - Green Day, especially Billie Joe did an awesome job covering this song, and everyone knew this song so it was great. 19. Good Riddance - everyone went off the stage and BJ was left alone, playing a rather unusual electric version of this masterpiece, and even though many people wanted to stay and watch GD for longer, they were all happy to hear this for a perfect closing song for a perfect night. // 10

Overall Impression: The concert was at the NIA, Birmingham, UK on 23rd, Jan, 2005. New Found Glory opened up for Green Day and their perfomance was good enough to impress the whole crowd, even the ones Who do not like or havent really heard NFG before, I personally do not like NFG but I have to admit that they did an excellent job. I personally loved every single moment of that gig and even though I had to stand up and wait for Green Day for like 4-5 hours (only because I got there too early), but when Green Day came on and opened up with American Idiot after like 2 seconds they got on the stage, it was crazy. BJ did an incredible job pleasing the crowd. The ticket was J22.50, and even though I had to pay 45 pounds for mine, it was worth every single penny of it, actually it was worth more than 45 pounds. And I would definitely go to the next GD gig. They put on the best show I've ever seen in my life. // 10

More Green Day reviews rating latest review