UK (Newcastle), February 8, 2005 Review

artist: green day date: 07/04/2005 category: live concerts
green day: UK (Newcastle), February 8, 2005
This was the greatest show in quality of sound. The arena went absolutley nuts for the pink rabbit which made the crowd dance to YMCA while drinking.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.3
 8.5
reviews (3) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Newcastle), February 8, 2005 Reviewed by: Carey13, on february 10, 2005

Sound: Totally amazing. This was my first (and definitely not last) Green Day concert, but, from what I heard, the sound was amazing. Billie-Joe's vocals were, as always, brilliant and in tune. I didn't see what instruments they used because I was a bit nearer to the back than I'd liked to be. Overall, I thought, the sound was perfect. Couldn't have been better. // 10

Perfomance: The performance was, again, amazing. Green Day can really motivate a crowd and keep them going. I can't remember the set list completely but I do know they played American Idiot then JOS and then Holiday to start off with. They also played We Are The Champions and You Make Me Wanna Shout. They did the traditional "get-the-audience-up-on-stage" thing to play Knowledge. The visual effects and decoration were awesome, especially the giant Green Day sign that they had half way through the show. Overall the performance was just absolutely fantastic. // 10

Overall Impression: The concert was at the Metro Arena in Newcastle, England on the 8th February 2005. New Found Glory were the support band, nothing special though. I can't say I hated anything about the show because I loved it all. Except, this is only in my opinion, it could've done without NFG. Tickets cost 22.50 + 6 postage and packaging and I definitely think it was worth the money. The whole concert is unforgettable, but I have to say one of the most unforgettable moments was when B-J kissed this kid who got up on stage. I'm sure anyone would go to see their next gig, but I definitely will. // 10

UK (Newcastle), February 8, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 10, 2005

Sound: This is the greatest show in quality of sound. New Found Glory supporting had good sound everything was precise, although the singers microphone sounded a bit off but Green Day's sound was much much better. Billie Joe's Les Paul was crisp as was Mikes Precision Bass, Tre's drums sounded immense although I don't know his set up. // 10

Perfomance: The audience were hyped up for New Found Glory which was a really good opener it got the crowd going. But the arena went absolutley nuts for the pink rabbit which made the crowd dance to YMCA while drinking. Green day were on for a impressive 1 hour and 45 minutes, they played 5 songs of American Idiot (including the the title track to a roar of the crowd). But the old stuff like King For A Day and Minority was what got the crowd jumping like they were on fire. Billie Joe kept making the crowd make interact againest each other which lead into a cover of Lulu's hit song Shout, during a operation Ivy cover of Knowledge the band got three crowd members up on stage to play the guitarist was so good he got Billie Joe's guitar before being told to get the f--k off my stage, while the drummer got drumsticks Billie Joe's tie and a stage dive which was rather pathetic. Green Day ended with We Are The Champions which was excellent and the confetti cannons went off all over, after We Are The Champions Tre and Mike left the stage while Billie Joe gave the crowd a performace of Time Of Your Life which had the lighters up (not the best idea after the confetti as the girl infront of me found out). // 10

Overall Impression: The gig was at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle on the 8th of Febuary and opened by New Found Glory. The whole show was excellent best I've seen even better than iron maiden. The ticket cost 22. 50 which I would happly pay again. I will never forget this concert as I have pictures icluding one of Billie Joes and the bikini shot girl outside. If they ever play here again I will not miss it even if I'm crippled. // 10

UK (Newcastle), February 8, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 04, 2005

Sound: The sound was amazing! All though NFG's mic sounded a bit off everything was sorted and perfectly in tune for Green Day. I didn't see the instruments but I assume they were the usual fantastic ones. I do know how ever that at some point Billie played a replicar of 'Blue'. // 10

Perfomance: The performance as always was fanominal. NFG (New Found Glory) put on a 4 stars performance and really got the crowd going, but Green Day however put on a 5 stars performance, opening with the drunk pink bunny that gets the crowd dancing to the YMCA will drinking a bottle of beer and stumbling carelessly round the stage and then Green Day. All I can say is wow they put on a fantasic performance, with an a-list set list, constant crowd interaction, pyrotechniques, strobe light effects and confetie cannons. For the encore they played Lulu's You Make Me Wanna Shout and Queen's We Are The Champions, followed by Billie Joe's acoustic solo of the classic heart felt tune Time Of Your Life (Good Ridence) which was a real lighters out moment. Although it was a bad idea during the confetie cannons going off as a group infront of us realised. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall Green Days 8th of February show at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena was amazing. The openers New Found Glory were great but could never meet the standard of Green Day. I can't say I hated anything as it was all fantastic. I loved it all, I would have however preferred to be closer to the stage. The 22.50 ticket was well worth it for anyone who payed that and it was worth my parents 45 from eBay price. The whole thing was unforgetable. I'll especially never forget the numerous pieces of green day confetie that went down my top. As I am writing this quite a while after the gig the answer to 'Will you go to their next gig?' is yes as I attended Milton Keynes on the 19th June. // 10

More Green Day reviews rating latest review