USA (Hartford), September 9, 2005
smitherson, on december 21, 2005 1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Sound: Amazing! Very loud. The building isn't too large so it you could hear it great. They have great instruments too. Using more than one guitar for the large list of songs. I strongly suggest seeing them. Billie Joe is good at doing the guitar and singing unlike Fall Out Boy's singer. He keeps his voice steady and loud. // 10
Perfomance: I loved the show to death. There were a lot of energy and great atmosphere. You can tell they're having fun and that makes it better. They really worked with the crowd too. The audience moving and cheering to every motion of Billie Joe's hands, doing everything he says. In the middle of Knowledge, they even got 3 kids out of the crowd who claimed they could play the guitar, bass, and drums and let them play while Billie sang. The bassist and drummer sucked and the guitarist got to keep the guitar! Also if you like Billie he mastur bates and moons the crowd during the show. Loved the piro technics. Songs played:
01. American Idiot - you just can't hate this song. So good.
02. Jesus Of Suberbia - a good song overall. About a boy struggling with life, the AI CD is basically his story.
03. Holiday - such a good song. Another one you just can't hate.
04. Are We The Waiting - definatly not my favorite song, but it's okay.
05. St. Jimmy - Are We The Waiting plays right into this. Really good song!
06. Longview - classic Green Day at its best! Amazing song.
07. Brain Stew - good song. Easy as if you wanna learn it on guitar.
08. Jaded - really fast, great song.
09. King For A Day - funny song, really good.
10. Shout - good song, gets lots of energy going and the crowd jumping.
11. Knowledge - good song, they put a band together during this.
12. 2000 Light Years Away - don't really remember this song, and I'm still not sure if I'm getting the order after King for a Day right, but I know they played these.
13. We Are The Champion - every cell phone and lighter went up, enough said.
14. Maria - don't really remember that well, heard it once before.
15. Wake Me Up When September Ends - Billie looks so sad, really good song though.
16. Minority - great song, got the crowd singing and everything.
17. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - great song and crowd pleaser.
18. Good Riddence (Time Of Your Life) - great song, just Billie alone on stage and everyone cheering. // 10
Overall Impression: USA, Hartford, CN on Sept. 9th 2005. Opened with Jimmy Eat World. I loved the show so much, didn't hate a thing. The tickets were about $45. Well worth it. The whole show just one giant unforgettable moment. Definatly going to the next show I can! // 10